Choosing a finger tab - a question

I began archery last year and i used a basic leather finger tab, i got on well with it but i was soon the only one left out of the group who was still using it so i bought a new one with a shelf and rest for the little finger. After a few weeks bought a different one because i didn't like the other 'new' one BUT this one was worse! so i went back to the other, customised it, etc etc and thought hey it seems cool so i kept on with it for a month or so, my general archery was getting worse until today. I put on my basic leather tab and hey presto the golds kept coming!!!

The question is:
Will this refusal to use an 'advanced' tab later hamper my progress or is it a case of 'if the cap fits wear it'.

any comments would help.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Basic tabs work well with lower-poundage bows. The only problem with a very basic tab is that it might not play well with higher-poundage bows. You may need something thicker that protects your fingers better and doesn't deform or fall apart under pressure from the string. One option is to stitch two or three basic tabs together to make a multi-layer tab. Or get a Wilson Black Widow (no shelf), cut off the felt lugs around the arrow slot, and widen the arrow slot.

duffy

have you tried a black widow tab, thats all i use, and most of the people at my club do as well, around ?7.