Classifications and Covid-19

Corax67

Has anyone got any idea what AGB are planning to do about our classifications this year as the archery season is effectively written off?

No responses to emails I've sent to AGB HQ (sort of understandable) but for those of us with MB or GMB in longbow even if the ban is lifted Sept/Oct there isn’t really a large enough window to get in sufficient record status shoots before the weather changes and makes stick and string high scores unrealistic.

I know it’s quite trivial with everything else that’s going on at the moment but I’d still like to know.

Karl

ben tarrow

It would be sensible just to write off the current year as if it didnt happen so 2019 is followed by 2021

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
? It persists until you re-qualify (or did they change that?)
I think the worry is that while this year you'd retain your MB/GMB, if the season restarts quite late, there might not be the time over Sept/Oct and then April/May 2021 to qualify for the Masters...

Corax67

Thanks guys, I wasn’t sure if it would persist but that makes sense.

I have no desire to try to qualify for the masters so that doesn’t worry me unduly.

By the time this ban is over there will probably be a nationwide shortage of low poundage limbs and bows as we all find anything over 20# too much to draw 😁 either that or dusty beginner bows will be recovered from the back of dark cupboards to enjoy a fresh lease of life.

Karl

ben tarrow

Arent MB and GMB the same as other classification ie you retain the classification for the year following the year in which you achieved the classification?

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
yes... but if almost all the outdoor season is written off there might not be time for people to regain their classifications for the following year. Especially MB/GMB that require record status shoots, which mostly are over by the end of Sept.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I suspect AGB will simply carry over this years Masters' invitations to next year. Even if lockdown ends in three months there will be many 'high risk' archers remaining in isolation possibly waiting for a vaccine going into next year.