Compound Double Bow Case

adebruce

Looking for advice really.

I'm in need of a bow case for travelling by plane later in the year. I need to fit 2 Apex 7's in, along with arrows and some bits. I do have a separate bag for quiver etc.

I've seen the Vanguard Case, as well as the SKB Freedom (leaning towards the Vanguard). Being in the Isle of Man, I have no opportunity to pop down to an archery supplier and have a look at the kit.

Anybody have these cases or would suggest anything different?

Thanks in advance.

Hidden Hippo

I use a Striker case - large wheels, plenty of space for two bows and all the necessary bits and pieces. I took it to Nimes earlier and as long as you pad the bottom of the case it will keep everything safe.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
The Vanguard is nice and deep and has wheels so you can drag it, but I seem to recall that it's also pretty short, so whether it'll fit a longer bow might be questionable.

I have an SKB double (second hand, couldn't afford it new) which I will admit, when I was given it I didn't think I would be able to fit two set ups in. But I could, including scope and tripod. However, I did carry my arrows in a separate tube in my backpack as my arrow tube was too long to fit in the case.

No wheels on the SKB so you will have to carry it, though it is lovely and tough.

Andy Rose took the SKB double case designed for the M16 rifle... that one did have wheels.