Core limbs fit Samick Poliaris/Sage handles?

LittleSkink

I dont seem to be able to find a definitive answer on the internet but am guessing someone here will have tried this

The cheaper Samick risers seem to have standard looking limb pockets, visually similar to the cheap Core ones folks like Merlin sell with their beginner bow - but will a Core limb fit to Samick riser?

The Archery Shop list Core Shift recurve limbs as compatible but only have very limited stock, their Core Pulse limbs dont say that

Cereleste

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I'm 90% sure that yes. Unfortunately most of my club's wooden risers don't have a brand name so not 100% any were Samick but I remember the Core limbs fitting in all the wooden risers, of which there were at least 3 distinct models/patterns on the riser.

LittleSkink

Thanks Cereleste, Merlin assured me that Core would fit. And that Sage / Polaris are interchangeable

They were able to order me in some 20lb Samick Polaris limbs to put on the Sage my daughter has started to shoot - she is 13 and draws 26", she claims she can handle 25lb fine, but would rather she developed good technique - though to be fair the higher draw has helped her develop a good anchor / release

ThomVis

They fit. One thing to keep in mind that pocket size tolerances are a bit bigger than with ILF, so keeping string centered on the bow may be a challenge. Samick wooden riser + Samick limbs were okay; Core metal riser + Samick limbs had a bit more play. YMMV.
And keep the draw weight low, proper technique is always more important than trying to reach a certain distance, especially if their bodies haven't fully developed yet.

LittleSkink

She have been using the Polaris limbs (that were actually marked 18lb at 62", so a much better weight) for a few days now and its been really interesting to see her adapt. We only have about 15m in the garden, so mostly we work on technique not distance - often we dont even put a target up, just "shoot butts"

We have been using the Archery Drills book by Ruis and she has got right back to focussing on her stance and head postion