Counterfeit Easton arrows?

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Just checking some of my Easton ACE arrows this morning and noticed a difference in ACE decal/arrow marking. I don't always buy dozen sets of arrows, sometimes I buy replacement arrows as singles or sets of four, which means buying from different UK suppliers. I have just noticed a difference in the ACEs I have and Whitehart's comments about fake archery products kinda rang alarm bells.
I've noticed that later ACEs do not show the C3/C4 etc numbers on the decals. It is still embossed on the shaft but was wondering if Easton has changed their printing or if these could be counterfeit shafts. Top arrow is the new one, bottom is the older shaft.
Note both arrows come from well respected UK retailers.
1594447570662.png

Last edited:

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I noticed that the design of the printing on my last batch of FMJs was subtly redesigned. I just assumed that the logo had had a slight refresh.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
One difference was that the spine is now etched on the shaft rather than being printed on the shaft in alcohol soluble ink right where the wrap ends, which I thought was a massive improvement, seeing as I have both 400s and 500s.

Stretch

I’d guess it is legit (assuming you bought them somewhere sensible) but you could always drop them a question for the podcast. I’m sure they’d answer that quickly enough.

Stretch

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I can't help with the question, but i thought ACE's came as a matched set of 12, so you can't buy 3 or 4 to replace broken ones?

olis

Supporter
Supporter
Also I would think that fake ACEs would be properly out there like those bargain ooka limbs

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Considering that all Easton arrows are made in house in the USA, I don't think I'd want to be a dealer caught buying cheaper knock-off shafts from China. And I'm going to be clear now I don't think this is the case; every now and again they tweak the logos, especially on shafts with long (time) runs. Which you might not normally notice with matched sets of 12, as you'd not normally mix them.