[American Flatbow] Currently using Bucktrail BlackHawk , thinking of a slight "upgrade"

simon_shadowshow

Hi, I wonder if you can help me (apologies if this post breaks any forum rules or asks a semi-stupid question, its my first one so bear with me !)

Currently I target with a bucktrail blackhawk 35# , 45# on the fingers with a 32 inch draw. Looking to "upgrade slightly" (and prop go up 5lbs ) but clearly not much as the budget is around ?300ish

these are the options so far

KG Archery Outlaw ?200
Ragim Black Hawk ?290 ish
Ragim Red Hawk ?200 ish

or wait and save up slightly and get the

KG Osprey

So from what I understand all those bows are shorter than my flatbow, the ragim blackhawk recurve is 58 so not sure it would "work" for target distances around 50 yrds or would be unstable
The ragim red hawk is a nice looking longbow but would it be too similar and in fact not much different from my existing bucktrail

The KG outlaw looks a nice option and a good price point but again would it be a step up at all and would the shorter length make my shooting worse (if possible !)
Or save a little bit extra and get an osprey which loads of people seem to love ?

any words of wisdom gratefully recieved !

thanks Simon

vmaxphil

Hi also look at a falco flatbow, I draw to 29.5 and it is very smooth doesn't feel like 40lbs, kg osprey can be very arrow fussy but a very nice bow and well worth the money personally I would keep away from the cheaper makes of bow with your draw length as they can stack badly

simon_shadowshow

Hi also look at a falco flatbow, I draw to 29.5 and it is very smooth doesn't feel like 40lbs, kg osprey can be very arrow fussy but a very nice bow and well worth the money personally I would keep away from the cheaper makes of bow with your draw length as they can stack badly
thanks Paul much appreciated , may I ask what you mean by "arrow fussy "

cheers simon

vmaxphil

When I sorted the arrows for the osprey (pentathlon trads) I was advised when the bearshaft was just weak, fletch an arrow or two and see how the fletched arrows group checking against the bearshaft. I found when I tried this the best group was with a slightly weak shaft also the osprey for me is unforgiving of my bad release that saying it is still my favorite bow