Customizing a bow

judodave

Hi Everyone

I'm wanting to customize a recurve bow for my daughter. She is wanting the limbs and stabilizer to be purple. I thought that I could either use shrink wrap or electrical tape for the stabilizer but not sure for the limbs.

Any ideas would be great

Corax67

There are a lot of companies which supply (and fit) custom vinyl wraps for virtually anything (mostly cars). I don't see why they couldn't do a set of limbs - should be able to wrap the limbs, stabs and riser as a colour matched set.

Look at the 3M UK site for details of vehicle vinyl wraps and they have a free search function for local wrappers - one of these may be able to do the bow with off cuts.

Karl

- - - Updated - - -

Added bonus is wraps can be removed if/when your daughter decides to sell on her existing kit as she improves & upgrades.

Karl

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
There used to be a minor fashion for limb wraps a few years back which were basically vinyl stickers for your limbs. I've not seen them for a while though.

I'd imagine that you could get yourself some vinyl offcuts from a van sign outfit.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmm. That's much the same answer as Karl......

judodave

Cheers guys, I've ordered some shrink wrap for the stabilizers so will see how that goes and see about the vinyl for the limbs

AndyW

Look up MDP supplies Ltd. That's where I get my vinyl from for arrow wraps. Comes off a big roll or sheets - just order what you want.
Personally, if you want it to look really nice go for hydrodipping.