[RECURVE] Dampers for 5/16 weights?

Mistake

Ironman
I'm using 5/16 Dead Centre weights on my rods (Easton Contour) and I've seen a few archers using similar style weights but also with inline dampers - A chap who was shooting at my club from Holland, as well as British archers like Naomi Folkard who used them at the world games.

Anyone know which dampers I should be looking for/ where I can get some from?

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
No, I'm already using a top weight..

I'm thinking like these ones https://youtu.be/lSvPd9IMlgE?t=1h15m6s
You mean Doinkers?

<Edit> according to Lancaster Archery, the 1 inch Doinker A-bomb has a 5/16 thread, while the 3/4 inch version has a 1/4 inch thread...

<Edit 2> I note the description on alternative for the Doinker A-bomb...
Please note the product name will not state A BOMB on any documents as this tends to frighten the shipping companies. 5/16in male and female threads.

Mistake

Ironman
I wonder if the Infitec Crux camper could be used with the 5/16 thread.. I don't really want to drop ?75-?90 on A-bombs if i can help it

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
5/16 female threads are pretty rare on dampers as most of the weights use 1/4.
Converters from 1/4 female to 5/16 male are easy enough to find (I think one of the cheap infitec dampers comes with that) but a female/female converter is bulkier and could end up looking a little clunky.

W&W seem to make their BW damper in a 5/16 female by 1/4 male, if Merlin are to be believed... but that doesn't help the weight fit.

Mistake

Ironman
Yeah, it looks like its "go A-Bomb or go home"

Serves me right for not wanting miles of weights and going for the 5/16 threaded discs

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Yeah, it looks like its "go A-Bomb or go home"

Serves me right for not wanting miles of weights and going for the 5/16 threaded discs
Can you not replace the stab thread with a 5/16 male to 1/4 male adapter as well as the first weight thread?

adapters.jpg