Define camouflage

Don't laugh. That will be my clothing of choice tomorrow . Somebody gave me a couple of sets, it's made of Goretex and keeps the wind and rain out. Oi do look a berk in it though.

brassmonkey001

I was at a shoot recently and I was wearing a pair of greyish walking trousers with cargo pockets and zip off legs together with what I considered to be a compliant green t-shirt and it was suggested that I was flaunting the rules. None of it was military clothing I might add. These comments were not from judges but other archers.
I'm thinking I might try a Tony the tiger onesie next time but will the stripes count as camouflage?

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
Which would be a violation of dress code at official shoots over here. Which is too bad cause I have some in black (club colors for trousers) that keep the weather out.
Re walking trousers Walking is a healthy outdoor sport - and your dress code is "sports clothing" :poulies:

ThomVis

Re walking trousers Walking is a healthy outdoor sport - and your dress code is "sports clothing" :poulies:
I'm sure it is, but with the cargo style pockets on the side, I'll bet you don't want to get into a dress code discussion with a referee who is having a bad morning.

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
I'm sure it is, but with the cargo style pockets on the side, I'll bet you don't want to get into a dress code discussion with a referee who is having a bad morning.
So you have some of those too :D - well I thnk all the Dutch judges are lovely but then I'm only visiting so I can wear what I like as long as it look like something I'd wear back home on the line

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
So you have some of those too :D - well I thnk all the Dutch judges are lovely but then I'm only visiting so I can wear what I like as long as it look like something I'd wear back home on the line
With no experience of dutch judges to guide me ... I just get the feeling they'd be SOOOOO mellow but suffering from the munchies a lot. Scottish judges just suffer from the munchies! ;)

Midnight

I refuse to take vocabulary and etymology lessons from a Cockney!!!

It would be like asking an Eskimo to lend you his sun cream!!

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
I refuse to take vocabulary and etymology lessons from a Cockney!!!

It would be like asking an Eskimo to lend you his sun cream!!
apparently scots who watch eastenders regularly are picking up speech patterns and pronunciation from the program! I fink thats stoopid innit!

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
well, we all know hunting isn't allowed with bows and arrows in this country... ;)

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Maybe by some organisations... others feel that when people are shooting in the woods wearing camo is a particularly stupid thing to do... ;)

Just shoot field nobody cares what you wear just what you hit.. ;-)

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
perhaps apocryphal but worth recounting ... remember hearing story of archer shooting 3d in midwest
walked up to target, put camo compound bow down, scored arrows and walked on to next target forgetting to pick up bow.
feeling like a prat on realization of error, quickly returned to target ... and couldnt find his bow