[Horsebow] Definitive Ebay horsebow review

m1tch

Can you not still hold the bow from higher up and have the arrow nearer the top of the strike plate? Although that would mean that your hand is wrapping around part of the strike plate which may be uncomfortable.
Holding the handle further up is how I am holding it with just enough striker plate visable to put the arrow against but its not as supporting as my ebay horsebow (although still nice to shoot). I just feel that the handle is just right for a good grip, if the striker was above the grip it would be great but I basically lose around an inch of the grip for the striker.

Hudzi93

Yeah, I looked at the pictures of the grozer again and it does look like it has a shorter handle.

I have my eye on another bow, although I won't give the details yet as I would like to get it at a good price lol. It's a one piece recurve, and I'm thinking that it may be able to replace my current recurve if its good enough. I'm getting a bit carried away and spending too much money on bows. I just feel like I have to have it though!!

Hudzi93

I just bagged myself a KG Osprey! 😊

Unfortunately, my hungarian horse bow will have to go. Mainly because I need the money as well as it being a little heavy.

Anyway, I can't wait to get my new bow. I hope it's as good as the reviews have said. Hows your scythian bow shooting?Have you had any more time to use it?

BR-Archer

A fellow club member of mine has has an kg osprey, his has window on it

It's looks great and sounds even better, there's like a swish noise on release which is 10 times better than a thwack or a twang on other bows! Seems nice to shoot aswell although he's left handed so I couldn't have ago

The black glass on the bow gives it a real sleek look

Enjoy

Hudzi93

Oh and it's not classed as a horsebow, more of a flatbow recurve hybrid :-s

Still a lovely bow tho
Ah, yes. I forgot to mention that it's not a horsebow. My one doesn't have black glass, it's got clear glass instead. I don't have it yet though, but I should get it sometime next week. I bought it second hand at a good price. The seller had used it for a session or so but found it too heavy. He has stored it for a few months, although he says it's as new. I can't wait to shoot it though.

Hudzi93

My KG Osprey and bamboo arrows both arrived today. The KG looks lovely, but I won't go into that too much as I don't want to go off topic.

Now, the bamboo arrows. The arrow components seem to be decent, but the arrows are quite inconsistent. I will need to file some of the self nocks a little to get a looser fit. I got full length 60# arrows, but they vary in weight quite a bit. I managed to get 6 arrows weighing between 38-41 grams (average of about 600 grains) and similar foc but there are a few that weigh significantly less, with the lightest weighing 34 grams. Some of them also have different kinds of field points with different weights, which seems a bit silly to me, but what can I expect.

I'm going to use the 6 good arrows as my main ones and leave the rest for spare.

I've not shot them yet but I do hope they shoot well. I'll let you guys know how they shoot and I'll also upload some pics. Since I'm only going to shoot these indoors then the issues I mentioned above shouldn't be such a big deal.