different point can change spine?

dottorfoggy

indoor season is coming and i'm tuning my x23 outdoor.

my question is, inner side length of the point, can change the spine? see the picture below

a_102145-1000.jpg a_73520.jpg

as you can see, same grain, offer different length, i'm shoting with the gaspro, 190g on the 2314 32-1/2" long, on 43# and they are stiff. can the shorter point make it weak to a better flight?

at 30mt bare shaft land 60cm on the left, but shooting the fletched, even at 70 mt are landing in the middle, with a center shot on the right side of the string and the plunger in the hardest configuration (beiter)

the beiter are 2" (i think) inside the shaft.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
indoor season is coming and i'm tuning my x23 outdoor.

my question is, inner side length of the point, can change the spine? see the picture below

View attachment 7555 View attachment 7556

as you can see, same grain, offer different length, i'm shoting with the gaspro, 190g on the 2314 32-1/2" long, on 43# and they are stiff. can the shorter point make it weak to a better flight?

at 30mt bare shaft land 60cm on the left, but shooting the fletched, even at 70 mt are landing in the middle, with a center shot on the right side of the string and the plunger in the hardest configuration (beiter)

the beiter are 2" (i think) inside the shaft.
In theory yes... a longer insert is (in effect) shortening the flexible length of the shaft, which should increase the flex frequency ("stiffer").
It doesn't often come up as a big consideration, because people don't normally get a wide range of insert lengths to choose from.

But as to the exact effect; I'd want to see input from someone who has tried it, because theory doesn't always give the whole picture.

dottorfoggy

So it can have some effect on the spine if the other point is 1-1/2" shorter and have the weight concentrate on the top.
Btw I have to change most of the actual point and I will test if it work comparing both

WP_20170914_11_01_00_Pro (2).jpg

dottorfoggy

give up with the big arrows, maybe in the next years, with more experience, i can gave them another chance.... back to ace and a stiff spine, 400/370 to test yesterday, they match good both spines, the 400 looks better for grouping from 18mt to 70mt, after a quick tuning, i get a good 286 on 30 arrows at 18mt

big arrows maybe in the future with more experience.

backinblack

Nice shooting! With more experience, I think you'll back yourself to put 3 slim arrows in the ten ring.:raspberry

Aleatorian

One of my recurve pals shoots X23's indoors, not sure which spine but I think 2312s. He runs custom 300 grain points in them just ot get them to come in