DIY pipe quiver

davereap

My version was made from some 68mm B&Q pipe... a slightly larger and better diameter than used in the video.. the pipe is cut as per the video .. a wooden bung was cut for the base.. differing from the video I then added super strong magnets, glued inside to the base.. the magnets have enough grip to hold an arrow and prevent the arrow falling from the quiver if it is tipped up.. An old chamo shirt was used to cover the pipe.. Split rings were fixed to the strap locations .. one central, on top at the front.. then two down on each side as seen.. this gives a choice of strap locations enabling it to be worn on either side .. and additional rings are available to hang stuff on.. Its almost done , all that remains is to add some soft padding at the top and bottom so the arrows don't rattle about too much.. the result is very good

D

Deleted member 7654

I was all set to be scathing about plastic pipe, but I like it:)
Del
(Mind I'd like it even more out of Bamboo... but big bore boo is big bucks).

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Del
Trip to China and obtain some scaffolding? (I think its China where they use bamboo as scaffolding)

Craftsman

This reminds me,,,,,,,

Back again, just found a quiver I made last year from two polystyrene bottles joined end to end and covered in suede and with a block of melamine in the top with 9 holes drilled in it.

Anyone need a quiver that is nice and soft and you can stroke like a cat? (Sold all me archery stuff last year because of shoulder injury.)

Craftsman

No-one want my quiver?

(Errr, it wasn't polystyrene,,, you know,,,that white crumbly stuff?,,,it was black plastic gunpowder bottles, (empty), so is quite rigid!)

D

Deleted member 7654

Del
If we all chip in and buy a container load :)
Mrs Cat says I'm not allowed to go to China unless she can come too :)
Del

davereap

Mine are multiplying... Ive made a couple more for my sons who also shoot.. Cost of the build.. for 3 .. pipe = ?7.. material = ?7.. glue ?2.50.. rings ?1.50.. lanyards ?3.. about ?7 each.. Thats if you buy all the bits from new.. I had all the bits going spare so all I had to buy was some more glue .................................................................................................... P5180048.jpg

davereap

These now have been field tested... and are fine to use... we run into some problems when some of the magnets came unstuck from inside the base.. It is impossible to re-glue them because when you try to put a magnet down the tube the other magnets have too strong a pull and re-positioning is impossible.. So make sure the base material is not soft and that the magnets are firmly glued.. Its also a good idea to use a lot of magnets so most of the base is covered... If you have points which the magnets can attract it will hold your arrows in fine, you can tip the case upside down and the arrows stay in..