Does anyone here shoot barebow recurve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbow

Faster arrows would seem to be the answer. I shoot IFAA bowhunter, fixed anchor no string or face walking and can get 100 yards with poa at the top of target face. I have a lot higher anchor than you describe but I also shoot higher poundage (55) but a lot heavier arrows(2315). The Hex5 limbs on my Black Douglas help alot with the speed (+200 fps).

My wife shoots freestyle with 30lbs hex4's and her 80yard(our longest distance) is still on the sight bar, I think 100yrds for her could be around poa or sight pin near the top of the target.

You could also try different combinations of string dia, arrow weight and set up (FOC etc). You could also look for another referance point on the bow ( where is the shelf at your 100yard?)

Might be worth a word with Sid if you want to go down the upgrade route. ( they are not anymore expensive than other high end limbs).

greysides

.I shoot barebow,my set up is Hoyt gold madalist,68inch/37lb/28draw using 29inch ace arrows 110 grain points,string walking,i use tip of pile at full draw from 20yds,out to 100yds,aiming at center of target at all distances.
I actually have GM set up very similarly.........................but I don't know it's PO. :(

For comparison:

Best Moon, 36# limbs giving ~40# @ 29.75", 28" BOP Carbon One 600's with an 80 grain tip giving a PO of ~58m/65 yards.

The weight of the fully-loaded Moon and an extra 190 g weight is ~ 1.9 Kg which likely saps some of the energy that would otherwise go to the arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.