Double Worcester timings

Insanity-Rocks

I'm organising a RS Double Worcester over the winter and am not too sure how long each round will take to shoot.

The current plan is to hold assembly for the first Double at 9am and assembly for the second double at 1.30 - seeing as it's 5 arrow ends there will only be 12 ends per single, I can't imagine it taking that long to complete.

Anyone have any experience shooting/running one of these with knowledge on how long it usually takes?

Vagabond

Hi,
Take a peek at other Worcester tournaments. E.g. the long running Kestrels Worcesters in Bedfordshire.

Saturday: 2 sessions @ 12:00 & 14:45
Sunday: 3 sessions @ 09:15, 12:00 & 14:45

The DWAA region do a quad-Worcester I believe.

And not forgetting the world-renowned Llandaff Santa-shoot where I once saw a compound lady archer dressed as Santa with black fishnet stockings . . . the Worcester round was never quite the same after that.

V

Insanity-Rocks

Hi,
Take a peek at other Worcester tournaments. E.g. the long running Kestrels Worcesters in Bedfordshire.

Saturday: 2 sessions @ 12:00 & 14:45
Sunday: 3 sessions @ 09:15, 12:00 & 14:45

The DWAA region do a quad-Worcester I believe.

And not forgetting the world-renowned Llandaff Santa-shoot where I once saw a compound lady archer dressed as Santa with black fishnet stockings . . . the Worcester round was never quite the same after that.

V
I've had a look at a few different entry forms but they all seem to do one single in the morning and another in the afternoon, whereas I'm planning on running one double in the morning and another double in the afternoon. With two singles I'm assuming you'd have to do two assemblies, bowchecks etc but we won't have the option of just shooting the single so things should run quicker. I'm just not sure how much quicker and if 4.5 hours is enough time for assembly, shooting the round, and setting up for the next round

Mistake

Ironman
Try the Droitwich archers, they're doing a triple session of Worcesters in November, and they're giving a 2 1/2 hour window for each session.

Despite the longer timings for ends; the round takes far less time to complete

Mark31121

Ironman
I've had a look at a few different entry forms but they all seem to do one single in the morning and another in the afternoon, whereas I'm planning on running one double in the morning and another double in the afternoon. With two singles I'm assuming you'd have to do two assemblies, bowchecks etc but we won't have the option of just shooting the single so things should run quicker. I'm just not sure how much quicker and if 4.5 hours is enough time for assembly, shooting the round, and setting up for the next round
Are you allowing for a comfort break in-between the sessions of the doubles? Are you keeping the same faces or swapping to fresh each time? I think you may have to do the latter as they're not the best quality faces.

Time wise you have to assume someone calling a judge almost every end and using all of the time allowed to shoot - usually a compounder, but I was shooting with a longbower who was taking such a long time over each shot - I'm surprised the bow didn't snap tbh