Dress Code at Nationals

Darryl

You usually find the ones banging on about dress codes are the old boys who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 70m/80yds+.

commissar

wow deeds you must shoot with people who dont have underwear on or sweat by the bucket for it to show like that
the comment about skirts was toungue in cheek as well or didnt you get it
not gonna argue you have your view i have mine simples

Deeds

wow deeds you must shoot with people who dont have underwear on or sweat by the bucket for it to show like that
the comment about skirts was toungue in cheek as well or didnt you get it
not gonna argue you have your view i have mine simples
Venture to some of the outdoor comps in DNAA and you'll see...

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Murray said:
But it's a fair call, that the application of the rules is patchy at best. Here in Scotland we have judges (well at least one) who applies rules to a level of robust dedication that I just don't see elsewhere in the country...
Come to Kent. We run a tight ship down here. Mind you we're also pretty super-annuated so dress code violations have yet to crop up with any regularity.

For those not aware the F2F was a specific competition shot under F2F rules i.e. neither GNAS not FITA (WAF). 90 seconds for three arrows and what have you.

I was in the hall both days, and didn't see anyone on the line violating the new rule - and I was indeed looking.

I have suggested that the fetching pink hoodies adopted by the F2F judges are mandated for GNAS judging...

BigShot

Don't they wear camouflage trousers... if so, probably not. :p
(Also, did they wear pink or red? I thought red.)

Rip T

I must admit that the new Judges shirt - the "White with a green splodge" - does not make us stand out form the other archers if you look along a line.

I know Judges are supposed to follow along behind etc but that's not always possible.

I'm not sure Pink would be a good colour but something more striking might make us stand out a bit more.

Rip - Candidate Arbitrator

babylon5

Top Meerkat!
Supporter
Ironman
I must admit that the new Judges shirt - the "White with a green splodge" - does not make us stand out form the other archers if you look along a line.

I know Judges are supposed to follow along behind etc but that's not always possible.

I'm not sure Pink would be a good colour but something more striking might make us stand out a bit more.
I agree, although the new "white with green splodge" looks very ArcheryGB corporate style, it's not particularly striking when then judges are in amongst archers.

Last year some judges in Scotland (possibly elsewhere in the UK) experimented with wearing orange shirts and/or fleece tops to help identify them more clearly. Beyond the obvious ribbing about being "tango'd", it did make them easier to spot when in amongst other archers.

Attachments

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Never understood the desire for judges to be visible... Maybe it's in case we run them over on the way out of the car park...? Goodness knows. We always managed to find them when they wore a green jacket in a green field surrounded by green archers....

Rip T

We always managed to find them when they wore a green jacket in a green field surrounded by green archers....
But that was when they were the only people wearing a jacket in a field of people in green or white polo shirts.

It's useful to know where the Judge is when you are trying to call them over - just standing there shouting "Judge" can get a bit much.

Rip

worthipa

Supporter
Supporter
That said, I do take issue with the jeans shown in the OP... the glittery Evisu emblems are even worse than the regular ones which in themselves are pretty gash.
Hmm, not a denim aficionado I venture? The arcuate on this gentleman's trousers is quite clearly from the somewhat cheaper Voi brand much favoured by modern youff. I further venture that Evisu, who make comfortingly expensive "heritage" selvedge denims would never have designed such a monstrous pair of trousers...

BigShot

I stand corrected. Clearly not Evisu... though I can see why I made the mistake... Evisu do make some truly heinous jeans.
I'm not exactly fond of either logo... which is a shame as old production methods do seem more durable, and I pretty much live in jeans.

If Evisu were more traditional in their embellishment (which, "seagull" aside, is really quite gash) I'd probably wear them.

Non-blue only on the line, of course.

Darryl

I stand corrected. Clearly not Evisu... though I can see why I made the mistake... Evisu do make some truly heinous jeans.
I'm not exactly fond of either logo... which is a shame as old production methods do seem more durable, and I pretty much live in jeans.

If Evisu were more traditional in their embellishment (which, "seagull" aside, is really quite gash) I'd probably wear them.

Non-blue only on the line, of course.

You guys obviously missed the guy from Dixis who was shooting in the H2H. Now he was wearing some interesting clothing :)