Dress Regulations - Club Trousers

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
and here we have the only reason i'm not lookin forward to my first comp this month. i have white trousers, from work, my club colours allow black trousers, which i have, but i dont yet have a club shirt. i do have a white polo shirt though.

what to wear?!!!!

lol

if there's any issue with what i show up in, it'll not only be the first shoot i go to, but the last also!

sunmouse

I'd wear the white polo shirt.

An archer from our club was in the same situation. No club shirt as yet, so he wore a white polo shirt (cotton) and black trousers (clubs lower garments are registered as black). No problem with the judges at all. He went on to win a gold medal in his category.

I know that Lee DID fall foul of the old jeans thing, but he is right and not the judge. It expressily states blue denim as the prohibited garment in the rules.

tel

Fonz Awardee
er - bit late into this - but why on earth would anyone go to the bother of registering club colours only to mix them with the accepted GNAS colours? Bit pointless, is it not?

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
well, our club has registered navy blue trousers. I don't own navy blue trousers. I do own white trousers. Our registered club tops on the other hand are cooler than a plain white t-shirt.

Huffy

er - bit late into this - but why on earth would anyone go to the bother of registering club colours only to mix them with the accepted GNAS colours? Bit pointless, is it not?
It could be considered so. In the case of my club we have registered both shirts and lower garments but if it turns colder during the day can we put on green or white jumpers?

At the moment it appears yes but the Judges seem to wish to deny this.

Best wishes, Mark

Bird_2112

We need a vote on whether you can wear other tops with registered trousers :)

I'm split over club colours and don't want lower garments registered. As stated before, club tops can add to the expense and although not compulsory as they would be if lower garments are registered, some members my feel obliged to pay more for a top than a plain white polo in the shops.

What I don't like is having registered a 3 colour top (navy body with sand on the collar and sleeve, white piping) a few years ago and then not being able to get those tops anymore last year. Had to register navy with white piping as being the closest match and got those last year and just taken delivery of more. We all looked great then with navy tops in club photos but I have also had to order white tops now after a suggestion by another club member who got others interested so back to "pick and mix" in the club photos.

G.

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
I believe that when you register colours, upper or lower, they are added in addition to greens & whites, not instead of. As the rule covers every club, there is no specific need to have the green/white bit entered on the register, but they are included so wearing green/white lower garments would be acceptible even if you register another colour. This is what we were told by Ann when we registered.
That's what I've always understood as well. Also, if you are then allowed to wear your Club top with green or wite trousers...why not your Club trousers with a green and white top?

But... I'm having deja vu - did we not have this self same thread last year and the year before and...?

Furface

Supporter
.....But... I'm having deja vu - did we not have this self same thread last year and the year before and...?
And we will continue to until either a) the rules are written in such a way as to be ambiguous and b) all judges actually read and understand those rules.
In other words - see you next year, same time, same place.

Bird_2112

Well I heard that the judge mistook Lee's trousers for black jeans from a distance and corrected himself after a closer look. When we first had the chance to register lower garments I did say to other members that it's not going to work well with black jeans. They may look good when new but the various makes all fade at different rates. You could end up with someone wearing an uneven dark grey with lighter stripes where the folds were calling them black. Bang goes the uniformity that the club colours should encourage. I dont think any black pair of jeans would last the 15yrs may be a bit more that my white canvas trousers have.

G.

soundo26

As a matter of interest, does anyone know where ladies' green trousers can be purchased? I've seen men's in the 'proper' green, but never ladies.

Margaret
Where have you found proper green trousers coz I can't find any except those horrible industrial "Action" trousers.

soundo26

Because, (in my own case) I'd love to wear the club shirt but I don't like the colour (sky blue) I'd love to wear Green trousers (especially to match my Blazer) but you can't get them (except for thoses awful indstrial ones)

I have to wear white at the moment but I am not a small bloke, White makes you look bigger, so I would like to wear Black trousers with my white or green top (our clus has just registered Black but can't wear them til after October, because there are some judges who won't come into the 21st Century and get online!)

Either GNAS needs to accept that dark green is generally unavailable or accept the colour black.

Also you guys who are still arguing that you can't mix & match, just get some sense and accept that the majority want to mix & match, the director of operations states that you can mix & match, it really is no hardship and just makes common sense!