English Warbow Society

alanesq

Just to let people know that an EWBS website will be up and running soon giving members the opportunity for information on shoots and other Warbow related topics.

Also there is a shoot (roving marks) planned for early in the New Year to be held in Monmouth. More details to follow.

BTW - I will be emailing all members today, if you are a member and dont receive this email please let me know as it probaly means I dont have your correct email address

Alan Blackham
EWBS Membership Sec.

fearny

Hi,

EWBS is something i'm really interested in, however as a complete novice would you reccomend it yourself or perhaps wait? I've not even picked up a bow before!

Chris

alanesq

Hi,

I presume you mean you are interested in warbows?

yes, I would recommend you go straight for a warbow if this is where your interest is. Of course you cant just go straight to a very heavy bow but you find one your are comfortable with then slowly build up the draw weight over time.
There is little point starting with another type of bow as the technique is totally different

My suggestion would be to join the EWBS and on the forum you will get all the advice you need on how to get started - The English War Bow Society

cheers
Alan

Kae

The American
American Shoot
Hi Alan,

Has anything else happened in relation to the EWBS website? I had a search using Google, but couldn't find anything!

Kae.