Excessive wear on string loops

derfal

Hi,
I wonder if anyone else is having problems with excessive wear on the loops of the string when used in conjunction with UUkha Hex10 limbs.
As a couple of us recently started to use these limbs and have had to replace very frequently. we have even have one go completely during a shoot.
Is this an issue due to the nock on the limbs?? or the material used??

ben tarrow

We had a few sets of Bamboom limbs recently that had very sharp edges around the nock.
Some were returned to the dealer whilst others were dealt with with a needle file and sand paper

albatross

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
We had a few sets of Bamboom limbs recently that had very sharp edges around the nock.
Some were returned to the dealer whilst others were dealt with with a needle file and sand paper
I recall someone suggesting a boot lace coated in grinding paste as an alternative.

jerryRTD

If you cannot find any rough patches on the limbs tips then get your loops double served. when I was shooting an Oneida Pro Eagle compound bow the string loops were subject to a lot of stress. Not supprising really as the arrows were coming off the bow at around 280fps. double serving cured the problem.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Bootlace and fine grinding paste would be my suggestion, rub back and forth like drying your back with a towel.

Corax67

If you cannot find grinding paste then toothpaste with bicarbonate of soda added is an excellent alternative. Brasso is another good gentle abrasive alternative.

Karl