Barebow fiber bow

RichParker

I have a Fiberbow 5.99 I got second hand I have had no problems.
I know three other people the 6.3 model and again no issues.
I think the cases of twisted Fiberbows are associated with the first incarnation of the 5.99 before the company ownership changed.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
They can suffer wear in the ilf pockets which can allow movement and misalignment. If buying one second hand check the slots carefully.

Whitehart

I agree the lacquer on the early shiny ones might have blistered at the ends of the pockets depending on the limbs but the slot is too tough to wear through normal use - unless the limb bolts have been wound out too far or the bow has been mishandled.

I would also check carefully the ones that have had limb pocket modifications there is a reason FB have never changed this.

sylvanus333

thanks that put me off a metal button against carbon fiber not a good idea i thought they had metal inserts like the win&win

TJT

I also had a 5.99 Fiberbow with no real problems. Mine wasn't twisted - used a laser alignement tool and it was all spot on. There is a metal ring around the hole for the button so you can use a metal button with no problems.

The riser is made from Carbon and then covered in a thin coat of clear polycarbonate. The polycarbonate does somethimes get marked but it is important to bear in mind that it is only cosmetic and doesn't affect the functionality of the bow.

sylvanus333

I also had a 5.99 Fiberbow with no real problems. Mine wasn't twisted - used a laser alignement tool and it was all spot on. There is a metal ring around the hole for the button so you can use a metal button with no problems.

The riser is made from Carbon and then covered in a thin coat of clear polycarbonate. The polycarbonate does somethimes get marked but it is important to bear in mind that it is only cosmetic and doesn't affect the functionality of the bow.
hi thanks for your time to reply cosmetics dont bother me i have a anodizing and paint shop so i always refinishing my bows they change colours like i change my socks best regards