Field Archery Target Sizes

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I'm trying to figure out the target ring sizes for field - the 20, 40, 60, 80cm black ones with 4 black rings and a gold 5 and 6 in the middle.

The outer rings are obviously all the same width but I can't find it documented how the golds are sized - for example do the 5 and 6 both have full width or is the 6 just an inner zone on the 5? I can't find it documented and it's not obvious from pictures.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
the six is just an inner zone (used to be an 'X' worth five), so centre to outer edge of 5, equals width of one of the black scoring rings. 8/6/4/2cm for respective faces.

Valkamai

The six is the inner section of the five, so the five and six are half the width of the other scoring rings.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
The six is the inner section of the five, so the five and six are half the width of the other scoring rings.
the six is just an inner zone (used to be an 'X' worth five), so centre to outer edge of 5, equals width of one of the black scoring rings. 8/6/4/2cm for respective faces.
So the width of a ring is the target diameter divided by 10? I think that even I can cope with that. If only I didn't need to convert to imperial too :D

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
So the width of a ring is the target diameter divided by 10? I think that even I can cope with that. If only I didn't need to convert to imperial too :D
There is a reason why it's easier to work in the units they do to set the targets... ;) saying that, rounds like the York, Hereford, St George, etc are all official rounds in New Zealand... but they are a metric country, so when you look at the rules you'll see the York round is 72 arrows at 91m, 48 at 73m and 24 at 55m...

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Yeah, I understand. However my local field club was all imperial when I joined. It's all umarked 2D now, which isn't any units at all, but it's too late. I can't help but think in imperial for archery.