Finger tabs for long fingers.

Pauly

I'm looking for some advice. My some shoots using a cavelier large finger tab. However it is still too short for the length of his fingers. I used Oberon to make a longer tab for him, it is in two layers to give him some extra padding, but he feels he would like a firmer backing material as he is still getting blisters. Does anyone know where I could buy some leather material suitable for a backing layer on a tab.

Thank you.

Darryl

Whitehart has it spot on there, I'd get it looked at by a coach or shop first as I'm surprised Large is too small for what I take is a junior.

I'm also surprised you had to replace the face on the cav elite. I tried a leather one for a bit and was surprised how much thicker and had less feel than my soma saker ii. It felt so thick that it felt like the string wasn't hooking properly but it could of been that I hadn't given it a chance to break in the leather.

Are you sure that you're son isn't doing something wrong that is causing these blisters?

Pauly

Hi, thanks for the replies, he has been looked at by two county coaches and there does not appear to be a problem with how he wears the tab. He has been shooting for about 6 years and never had a problem until he hit his growth spurt last year. He is 16 and has very long fingers, his dad uses a large tab and my sons fingers are about a finger joint longer than his. They are quite strange.

The only reason I replaced the leather face was to use the Oberon to make a longer tab. The leather would have been fine it was just too short. If I can get him to pose for a picture I'll try and post it.

Big.Dave

Soma do an XL size Saker tab you might want to try one of thoses its the Dark blue one and thats in models I & II.