Finger tabs

Left_Here

Right after extensive work on my technique I discovered that I cannot reference well using a platform tab.
This evening I put my thumb on top of the platform on my tab and shot better but found that the tab was quite loose and I can't adjust the platform. I have been looking at the cavelier tab and the soma joomong tab but I just wondered if I could get some opinions on them.
thanks.

english_archer

Ironman
Ive used a Soma saker 1 tab almost from the day they came out I have it set up so I can use my thumb against my jaw as an anchor point I dont think I will ever change to another tab (in fact I have two) Probably the best ?30 (twice over) I ever spent

worthipa

Supporter
Supporter
Ive used a Soma saker 1 tab almost from the day they came out I have it set up so I can use my thumb against my jaw as an anchor point I dont think I will ever change to another tab (in fact I have two) Probably the best ?30 (twice over) I ever spent
Me too ....

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Right after extensive work on my technique I discovered that I cannot reference well using a platform tab.
This evening I put my thumb on top of the platform on my tab and shot better but found that the tab was quite loose and I can't adjust the platform. I have been looking at the cavelier tab and the soma joomong tab but I just wondered if I could get some opinions on them.
thanks.

do a search on them and you'll find lots of discussion on fingertabs :beer:

Neo

And if you want a cheap soma saker 1 tab ive got one in archers mart. Pm me and i will sort you out a good price! its only been shot about 10 times.

Jay.g

I've shot the Win&win for well over 2 years now, tried the saker last night, far too much metal on my hand, didn't like the chunky feel and it doesn't quite give me the positive reference of my hand and chin I was after so instead I just tried a smaller size win&win and voila, it was perfect. I suggest you to try the Joomong first and see if the saker is what you're after and then get the real thing. Size does matter...lol

Alexam

Tab

thanks.
I recently changed from an A & F tab with the platform on top to the Saker 1 tab and have my thumb on top of the rest.

A fantastic difference and well worth the extra cost. I have also added the 'Oberon' face material from OB at Arrowhead U.K. to the tab and it's even better. Go for it!

Malcolm

Last edited:

LesT

I have 2 tabs, one is the Wilson Black Widow tab and the other is a Soma Joomong. I just can't get on with the Black Widow, the Joomong on the other hand i find it superb.
Just my opinion i know, but, if a platform tab is important to you, give the Joomong a look.

:thumbsup:

Left_Here

Thanks guys. I tried my boyfriend's joomong tab yesterday and didn't really like it but that was because it was too big for me. I'm still not sure what to get!

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
For about 1.5 years, I shot an Angel II tab....thought it was fantastic.

Then I splashed out and got a Joomong (too stingy to really splash out on the Saker). At first I absolutely hated it. I just couldn't get on with the shape or the face material.

However, I dug it out my quiver about a month ago, replaced the original leather face with Oberon, and haven't looked back since.....

I did try my Angel tab a couple of weeks ago, but found that I didn't really like it anymore. My fingers were kinda all over the place.

I think with the joomong/saker style tabs, it does take a bit of getting used to, but I think worth it in the end.

mf78

Its surprised me how most tabs can be very good once you actually get the size thats right, especially when a lot of good tabs have these large metal plates. Took a lot of trial and (buying) error to find that I need a small in most makes (though medium in Angel). I'm using a small Saker 2 tab and its my favourite. No platform, no little finger hook. I got them with the intention of using the platform as a thumb rest. Although it worked very well I sometimes thought it was giving me a "false reference" by which i mean having my thumb in too much contact sometimes masked exactly where i was anchoring. Now shoot without platforms and feel much more consistent.

I've used Cavalier tabs without the platform too theyre good, I just find the Saker 2 fits me a bit better with options for moving spacers etc around. Same with the Angel, thats very nice to shoot with the platform off but as theyre stitched together its harder to replace faces or add layers for comfort if you have high poundage. I think the important thing is to find the right size first, dont be afraid to try the small/extra small theyre not just for kids :)

Left_Here

In the end my boyfriend ordered me the cavelier elite. I like it but atm the face is far too stiff for my liking, guess I'll have to break it in and planning to replace it with oberon anyway.