First class and a personal best!

MATTeL

I shot my third first class score today with 532 FITA 70 and beat my personal best for the round by 68. :hyper::veryhappy

So earned first class in my first year of archery and beat my tagert score for the FITA 70 in the same day.

If you will excuse me I am going to put on more after sun and complain again about factor 30 being to weak even if it is applied every 30 minutes.:wide-eyed

So for myself and everyone else... :cake::beer::cake::beer::cake::beer:

tel

Fonz Awardee
Well done! That warm glow won't be helped with aftersun ;)
(Oh, and you are aware that the handicap is in BM territory? :))

MATTeL

Well the happy warm glow still hasn't dimmed, the painful glow is also persisting but getting better. ;)

I wasn't aware that the handicap was in the BM territory - guess the 90m sight mark is going to be used more now! ;)

paulhuk

Well done. I did the same thing just a few months ago and when I started getting 530+ scores for FITA 70m I move up to Long Metrics (I had to get some new limbs to get a decent sight mark for 90m) and got my Bowman shortly afterwards.

Keep it up and you'll have Bowman before the season's out. :cake::beer::cake::beer::cake::beer:

MATTeL

well done. did the same thing myself yesterday :beer:
Nice one and congrats! :D :beer:
It must have been some thing in the air! :)

Well done. I did the same thing just a few months ago and when I started getting 530+ scores for FITA 70m I move up to Long Metrics (I had to get some new limbs to get a decent sight mark for 90m) and got my Bowman shortly afterwards.

Keep it up and you'll have Bowman before the season's out. :cake::beer::cake::beer::cake::beer:
Thank you, I pull 43.3# on my Inno limbs so they are able to hit the 90m and I have a sight mark I did out of interest but never really used... should be interesting! ;)

My personal aim for the season was to be hitting on BM, although some said I was aiming to high and should be more realistic and go for 2nd... ptch.

I had considered the same progress track as yourself, although I shot a short metric first and when I exceeded the classification score by far too much I moved straight ot the FITA 70, so now it is the Long Metric for me... <ulp>

paulhuk

I had considered the same progress track as yourself, although I shot a short metric first and when I exceeded the classification score by far too much I moved straight ot the FITA 70, so now it is the Long Metric for me... <ulp>
I took a track through the distances/rounds to make sure I got all the shiny badges.

Hint: to see how you're getting on you can use the Saints and Sinners web site handicap calculator page. Using the York or FITA gents rounds and plugging in the scores required for each classification you can find the handicaps that each of these relate to. Then put in any scores you get for rounds you shoot and compare the handicaps for that. This way, even if the round you're shooting won't officially give you, say, a Bowman class, if you're shooting equivalent handicap scores you know you're up there nd just need to shoot the correct rounds.

Tropicalshot

well done,
i just shot my pb on the weekend too,
1125 Fita90m a 1st class score and only 12 off MB score,
as for the sun try living in the Topics lol
i have to wear skins under my T-Shirt just to keep the sun off.

tel

Fonz Awardee
well done,
I never considered that your system was different before (though I ought to have) - can you outline it? I did have a quick look, but I got a bit lost with the 'ratings' !

Cheers

edit: Don't worry - once I was awake enough to realise 'ratings' were same as handicaps but running the other way it made sense. Score levels are slightly different too.....

Last edited:

MATTeL

well done,
Although I am not sure what a FITA 9om s congrats on the impressive score and PB! ;)

I wear the Canterbury cooling tops under my t-shirt to keep the sun of well, I still manage to burn through them and anything I don't daub in high factor sun block...

tel

Fonz Awardee
OOPS!!! Got so carried away with how the system differs I forgot to say "Bloody Well Done !" :beer::beer::beer: :)

Tropicalshot

Although I am not sure what a FITA 9om s congrats on the impressive score and PB! ;)

thank you
a fita 90m = 3doz arrows @ 90m 120cm face
3doz arrows @ 70m 120cm face
3doz arrows @ 50m 80cm face
3doz arrows @ 30m 80cm face

tel said:
OOPS!!! Got so carried away with how the system differs I forgot to say "Bloody Well Done !"
Thank you much appreciated, good English beer tastes beter than the crap over here lol i miss me Ales :beer: