First Competition

FitzgeraldR

Just shot in my first competition, a special beginners shoot 1 round of 12 ends and shot a 633, 7th out of 30, so not brilliant but as it was my first competition can't complain... apparently this means I have to move to intermediary level now and can't call myself a beginner

Attachments

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Was that 633 out of a possible 720?
Good for you if that is the case.
7th out of 30 may not be brilliant, I cannot say. But what I do know is that you cannot do anything about the position you gain. That is down to how good the others are. If you do not do your best, the position doesn't really matter, even if you win, you will not feel so pleased with yourself.
IF you do your best, the position still depends on the opposition, over which you have no control. But you can be pleased if you do your best because it is so easy to do less well... yet so hard to do better.
Enjoy the shooting.

FitzgeraldR

Yes 633 out of 720, i think i could have added another 20 if I had kept some consistency, i realise there is nothing I could do about the other competitors a couple of them shot 690's but more disappointed in myself as I know I could have shot better than I did

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Yes, I understand the feeling when you know you can do better. It's like you know some shots were not well made, but didn't know how to prevent them. Or you knew what you did wrong, after the shot, but not in time to stop it.
690 requires the archer to shoot more tens than nines and not many outside the yellow. That is a high level of accuracy.