First Formal Flight Shoot

Del the Cat

I went up to the West Midlands Archery Society flight shoot with my 50#Boo/Yew ELB and my little Osage flight bow.
They decided to class the Osage as an ALB, which was the closest sensible class despite it being a tad short.
The shoot was slightly uphill and it was V windy. I overheard someone say that distances were 90 yards down on previous years.
I was hoping to be reasonably competitive, but it turned out I won both my classes! :)
https://bowyersdiary.blogspot.com/2019/05/wmas-flight-shoot.html
Del

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Well done ,you! Were you shooting with/against archers who make all their own gear, too?
It must add an extra dimension to the "winning" when you have made everything yourself.

Del the Cat

Well done ,you! Were you shooting with/against archers who make all their own gear, too?
It must add an extra dimension to the "winning" when you have made everything yourself.
Cheers Geoff.
At least one of the ELB archers had made his own bow, and that was the class I was most interested in.
There was another well known bowyer there, but he was shooting unlimited ELB and some carbon/glass contraptions ;)
I'm not sure about the ALB, the results haven't been published yet and I may have been the only one in that class!
Del