first spotting scope or monoculor, for a junior?

fruit 'N' nut

Hello, Please could someone please help me out a bit or point me in the right direction. I am after advice on a spotting scope or monoculor for a 12yr old junior, he has been shooting in competitions for a year now and has done very well, last summer i was advised to get either a scope or monoculor for him but funds were a bit low. I am now looking for one for his birthday, but I am completely baffled by them all, please help me out I would be really grateful. Thank you xx

Big.Dave

a low power wide angle monocular are easy to use and a 10x power will be fine for distances up to 60yrds if the archer in question shoots further than that maybe something more powerful would be better 20-50 X 50 spotting scope that is water proof would be a good choice but spend a bit more on a good tripod.

M_Cunningham

:)

hello,

i recently purchased a zennox 20 - 60 X 60 scope from ebay, ?35 and is a brilliant wee scope. I'M currently using the scope at 80 yds and is brilliant, crystal clear optics, really good buy and a good start off scope. There is no need for anything else in my opinion :)

Mike

Nick Forster

Ironman
Reasonably priced Junior scope

Welcome to AIUK

KG Archery sell a 20 x 50 scope which I bought for my son when he was 13 it was great value for money being under ?35 with a tripod we still have it and use it as a back line scope. I can recommend this scope as my son is very clumsy and it is still like brand new the tripod that it came with could be better but is up to the task.KG Archery:-Manufacturers and retailers of the finest archery equipment
this scope is not on there website but give them a ring, last time I was there they still had them in stock.
Cheers Nick

whiz

Visionking are a chinese manufacturer that are an OEM supplier for a lot of badged optics. You'll find that they're pretty good. Google and ebay are your friends.

Don't skimp on the tripod!

Martin Heelis

Ironman
Don't skimp on the tripod!
Absolutely! My cheap tripod lasted a year before one of the locking knobs started going. I only took it out on half a dozen occasions too!

My new one is the Konig Tripod 60 with professional ballhead. It's really stable and well engineered. Here is a link to it:
[URL="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5574668908&toolid=10001&campid=5336529822&customid=Tripod&icep_item=390138218514&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg"]Professional Camera Tripod with Universal Pro Ball Head on eBay (end time 01-May-10 18:10:00 BST)[/URL]

Cheers,

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:

fruit 'N' nut

Hello again, such a huge thank you to you guys who have pointed me in the right direction and loads of apologies for not typing this sooner had a bit of a nightmare with the lap top as (per usual) still getting used to Vista and keep fiddling, clicking away on things and 'wallop' got no connection or darn thing wouldn't even turn on! Thanks again everyone I just wish I had posted months ago instead of just being nosey and reading posts, you guys are so helpful. Now I have finally found a place to go for help you all may get sick of me. Righty ho I have a lot if reading and searching to do so i shall toodle off now. cheerio xxxxxxxxxxx