fonz award

daz650

hi all while on holiday in lanzarote decided to have a go at archery on hotels equipment which was a well twisted recurve bow and 4 new arrows, i was up third and been a archer for just over a year i thought i would kick a**e. my turn came to shoot usually left handed but had a go right handed i shot my first 2 arrows and missed target completly breaking the 2 arrows after my go the holiday rep said somithing in spanish to his helper, i don't speak spanish but could tell it was something like stupid english bloke has broken 2 of our only arrows and packed up. i was embarresed and walked away quickly...

N.Vodden

Ironman
similar thing in Tunisia at the archery daily activity by the swimming pool at our hotel.

VERY badly damaged wooden trainer recurve, twisted limbs. the bowstrng well.... serving had come loose, been retied god knows how many times and secured with cellotape! and it looks like the bottom loop had snapped at some point, and been tied back up in a knot the size of a wallnut!

Anywayz they also had only 3-4 fibreglass arrows with crimped points and pushover nocks, and they were a state! most with only 1 or 2 warped fletchings, the nocks kept flying off the arrows and had to be found... urghh what an experience :eye-poppi

It always amazes me though how bad some people are though. Not looking at it from an elitist 'thats not how you do it' viewpoint or anything, but some people really cant do it. The target was a 120cm fita at about 5m. A woman put an arrow over the target, and over the outbuilding about 10m behind which was 2 floors tall!!! they had to call it in there, not enough useable arrows left!

ever seen the video on youtube of the woman tryng archery, and nearly shoots the instructor with a very errant arrow? pmsl :raspberry

Mistake

Ironman
similar thing in Tunisia at the archery daily activity by the swimming pool at our hotel.
Urm.. i've had very differant experiances with archery have ago's the best one being once in cadets.

We had a newly qualified leader who was one of our adult instructors teaching us how to shoot (it was a quick have ago) and one of my cadets (was the senior NCO and one of the Cadre instructors) went "The BSM's on the Welsh Squad", which the adult didn't beleive, but being someone i didn't like very much he asked me to demo then.

Usng a fiberglass bow (that i nearly broke drawingback) and the longest arrows they had i proceeded to shoot my first three into the target in a nice group, and then shot the next three which gained 1 robin hood and 2 de-knocked arrows.

I've yet to shoot a robin hood with my own Recurve