From the Lions' Den - A freestylers' journey.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
Cool. Very cool. I have to say, I love the carbon riser, be interesting to see what you make of yours. I did soften the blow of my costs a bit by immediately selling my old riser, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I'd been hanging on to for no particular reason.

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
:D

My old riser - and pretty much everything else saleable - has long since found a new home.

One thing moving about a lot teaches you (My 2nd year in Amsterdam I had 13 addresses in 12 months!) is to de-clutter frequently. Even though I've been stable here in t' north for nearly 8 years now I'm still pretty ruthless about getting rid of anything that isn't immediately useful.

Yeah, really looking forward to having a carbon riser, thought that would be at least a couple of years away, but sometimes, just sometimes, the universe smiles on you. It'll be the end of the month before I can actually shoot with it but hey - patience is deffo a positive trait when it comes to archery, innit?

- Especially to score a top-end riser for less than I was planning to spend on an intermediate one!

Gonna post another pic, why not?

12113-FURY-CARBON-FURY-BLK-SILVER.png

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
Ah, if it came from the Archery Shop, that's who I got mine from. Ex-demo sale.
Still very shiny (not actually shiny, but I'm sure you know what I mean.)

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
Emma - The one I'm buying, I don't know where it came from - but it's only a couple of the Euro-dealers that seem to have it at all so it prolly did come from one of them (like almost everything else we buy) originally.

Chuffa - neither did I until I did a quick web-search! (Prolly the most informative was right here on our forum.)

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
A quiet Saturday (apart from the usual sportsball overdose ofc) so why not a sneaky pic of my 'new' & vital bit of archery kit - the one that takes me & the rest of the kit to the club!

She won't be taking over duties from the Pug until mid-week, I've driven her less than 2 miles so far but she does have a decent CD player ;)

...and isn't she just so huggable 🤗

Tempest 1.jpg

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
Another PB, and a milestone one....
A 500 Portsmouth :D

(and on a 3-spot target at that!)

scorecard002.jpg

That's 49 points better than last Sunday & 7 better than my previous PB.

- Concentrating on both the deeper hook and the anchor point deffo made a difference.

Still plenty of improvement to come, ofc, but it's so nice to keep on pushing upwards :D

Shame the scores dude hasn't been around for about 3 weeks, he owes me quite a badge collection by now.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
Brilliant, well done, on the 500 and the motor! She's very cute.
I had a good tournament on Sunday, shot 461 (Portsmouth), which is 30 points better than my best tournament last year, so very pleased with that. Since I've been suffering with the injury issues, my target was 450, so smashed that. Would have been more, but two-thirds of the way through I discovered my button had worked itself loose. D'oh!
I did have one brilliant arrow though...had a bouncer, so got to shoot that one again as the only person on the line, and with everyone watching me, drilled it straight through the centre of the 10. That's the arrow I'm most proud of all day, tbh.
Took hubbie along to his first ever archery compo, and he only went and won a trophy! So all round, a great Sunday afternoon. Next one, in two weeks (if it goes ahead), is a WA18, so we'll see how that goes. Target score will be 350, hoping I can better that.

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
Damned well done Emma (& hubby) :D

It's always a buzz when you're the last shooter, all eyes on you, and you totally NAIL it!

I have a WRS WA18 in a fortnight m'sel so hoping to get some good practice in before then. Not setting a target score yet though, until I get a feel for how I'm performing in practice.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
Lion, I've got a question for you. Just changed my sight pin over to a Tawant, which comes with a default red glo-pin fitted - do you find a red or a green pin better?
Next shooting opportunity for me is a Frostbite on Sunday (school still closed for exams, how dare they!), so I'm thinking the red should be ok for that...first ever Frostbite (if it doesn't pee it down, obvs), so anything will be a PB!