From the Lions' Den - A freestylers' journey.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
I know you're getting a new riser anyway, but you asked for pictures of the Arios, so I've loaded them into your Arios thread.
Pictures of my full bow set-up in the 'pictures of your riser' thread too.
That WA18 is a bit of a bugger, isn't it?
Fortunately, we have a postal league in our county called an L&R 300 - a dozen arrows each on a Portsmouth, a Worcester and a WA18 single spot face, so everyone is well used to shooting them. All 3 faces go onto the same boss. http://www.lrcaa.org/assets/downloads/lr300/General/LR-FaceSetup2019.pdf
Even our long bowyers will shoot the WA18.
ETA: just checked the October result for the L&R, I came 20th! Pretty pleased with that!
The WA18 tournament next weekend has been cancelled though, not enough entries, so boo! to that.
Next one is a Worcester tournament in December. We have a triple event tournament called the Countesthorpe Triple, which is comprised of a full Portsmouth tournament, a full Worcester tournament and a full WA18 tournament. You can win each of the events individually, and then there's an additional set of prizes for winning the Triple. Good fun!
Good luck on the 24th. Glad to hear you got the car sold, too.

Last edited:

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
Thanks Emma.
You're lucky to have so many compos to choose from, the calendar is a bit more bare around here - just one suitable shoot left this year, a boxing day Worcester in Durham (52 miles). It's free (donations to 'Hounds for Heroes') so I'm going. Being a confirmed Pagan I don't 'do' chrimbo so any escape from the commercial mayhem is very welcome.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
We are very lucky, there's 15 clubs just in the two counties (Leicestershire and Rutland), so there's a really active tournament scene going on, plus my new club (SOOO pleased I moved!), organises all sorts of fun shoots and internal tournaments, and does just about every postal league there is, so there's loads to do. The joys of having a permanent non-shared field, I think. Plus, if we really want to we're pretty close to Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and the West Midlands. Even Lilleshall is not a ridiculous distance away from us.

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
Yule on 21st December?
Hopefully a bit more like Saturnalia ;)
But I do like to spend the Solstice around a fire, in a cave, beneath(ish) a stone circle. Shame is, my back is too knackered to let me go 'shrooming these days. Will have to make the water of life suffice.