Go 90...

Des

Supporter
Supporter
Shot quite a lot over the past week or so. The weekend before, on a perfect Sunday morning, I got up early went up to Lutterworth and shot another quick FITA. Again 9 arrow ends at 90, 70 and 50, and 6 at 30. Using iArcher to score 9 arrows each time means I end up with a higher than average end followed buy a lower than average end, as the three worst arrows carry over into the next 6 arrows. 90 wasn?t great generally, not much groupage going on from what I can remember. A couple of 30 something ends for 85, 87, 71-243. 70 went a bit better? 103, 105, 94-302. Not a bad 50 with 104, 100, 93-297. Bad last dozens at both of those distance. 30 went well, feeling better than it has the last few times? 113, 11, 109-333, for 1175.

Didn?t shoot on the Monday. Shot 155 arrows at 40y on the Tuesday morning. Shot a 70m on Wednesday which went 102, 102, 107, 98, 99, 100-608.

Slightly windy I think on Thursday so kept it quite short. Friday, started shooting a Long National but it went a bit pear shaped after two doz so I stopped scoring. Groups were moving around quite a lot from end to end, tending to go either middle or slightly low left.

On Sunday again I got up quite early a tried another FITA. Another good start at 90 but again too many blues and blacks for just 249. 70 again averaging out ok apart from a couple of low 40?s for 296. 50 wasn?t bad, shot quite solidly most going down the middle for 301. A slightly disappointing 30 of 323 for 1169. Again it?s that 90 which is the killer.

A Long Metric this morning, taking my time a bit shooting proper ends. No blacks at least this time but still a fair few blue. Overall a better 267. 70 was great, started with a six gold end of 56, just one slightly bad end of 47. Felt really comfortable some ends, some really nice shots well timed and well finished.

Now that i?ve sorted out my arrows, i?m starting to think about a different riser. Can?t help but wonder if the lighter CXT is keeping my shot stable enough, especially at 90. A couple of years ago when 90 was my favourite distance, I shot a heavier bow. Not sure what i?d get if I did. Maybe an older riser like a Matrix, GMX or Nexus. Can?t really justify buying one of the newer bows. Just a thought anyway, might keep an eye on ebay.

So plenty of 90m this week if I can, as it?s the NCAS 2nd Caswell on Sunday at Desborough. I don?t think i?ve ever shot well at Desborough as it?s usually quite windy, but i?m looking forward too. Hoping to shoot ok and get somewhere near MB if it?s a nice day.

JohnK

I agree. Also, as I recall, the CXT isn't actually that much lighter than the average aluminium riser. I think the Matrix was around 1240g or so, and the Nexus might have been a bit lighter.

Des

Supporter
Supporter
Cheers guys, hadn't noticed the comments till just now.

Think I am/was looking for whatever differences I could think of, and the bow feeling less heavy or steady in the hand seemed like a potential big one. Sticking with the CXT :cool: