How close to get to neck?

DivingBirdie

I use a Cavalier finger tab with the platform.

Using the platform, it feels kind of uncomfortable to have it all the way behind the jaw line, pressing on the soft .. I don't know what. Have the feeling it will cut my throat on release :knockout:

How close should I anchor to get the best alignment?

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Your Anchor should not pass the jaw. You need something solid to anchor to other wise your anchor will "Float" causing all sorts of problems.

DivingBirdie

Does that mean my jaw bone should lie on the anchor plate?

Like MOST recurve archers, we have the string mark between our lips and chin.
Mine doesn't look very normal, quite far back my chin. Friends tell me looks like overdrawing...

I think that happens because I'm not anchoring close enough.

Visualizing it this way.. Assuming I draw to my chest, before raising up... Should I draw as close to the chest as I can? (little fingers touching)

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Does that mean my jaw bone should lie on the anchor plate?

Like MOST recurve archers, we have the string mark between our lips and chin.
Mine doesn't look very normal, quite far back my chin. Friends tell me looks like overdrawing...

I think that happens because I'm not anchoring close enough.

Visualizing it this way.. Assuming I draw to my chest, before raising up... Should I draw as close to the chest as I can? (little fingers touching)
Yes your Jaw bone should lie on the anchor plate. You need bone to touch your anchor plate to. Flesh and muscle is too inconsistant.

If you can post a picture of yourself at full draw then it will be easier to asses your form.

YouTube - archery - Update on my form

If your anchor is similar to this vid of my shooting then you should be ok.

However dont copy this technique. Things have changed alot since this vid. I will try and upload a more uptodate vid of my shooting over the weekend.