how do I adjust a rest

ignoramus

I have just bought a spigarelli zero tolerance rest for a matrix. I was under the impression that the arm can be moved in or out; up or down. There are no instructions with it and, although it is obvious how to attach it to the bow, I cannot work out how to adjust it. Am I right in thinking these are adjustable? If so, how does one do it??! The other problem is that I prefer to use the plunger in the front hole, and the rest appears to only reach as far as the back one. Is this something I can alter? Please help...I have always used stick on plastic rests before and the new technology is defeating me!

PS. I am a new member and it has taken me about an hour to even work out how to post this question!:ashamed:

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
I don't use a spigarelli zero tolerance rest but one similar, so there should be some small screws on the rest that can be used to adjust it. They're a bit fiddly though! One of the small screws will adjust the up and down of the wire; a slightly larger screw round the back will act to stop the wire swinging out to far. You may also have to bend the wire slightly, but do this carefully.

Also, is there any particular reason you prefer to use the front hole for your plunger? I've heard there's reasons why you shouldn't do this - can't currently remember why, but I'm sure one of our technically minded members will be able to advise you on this.

If you have any problems posting on the forum etc. just contact a mod and they'll be able to advise you or use the contact us link at the bottom of the page. The preferred method is to use the AIUK Support and Knowledge base in the menu above.

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
on the ZT I have ( for a W&W, but that shouldn't make any difference), the arm goes through a collar - black I think), on this there is a large hex headed screw. Undoing this allows you to asjust the in/outness of the rest.

T.

ignoramus

Thanks for the advice...i can't see how the screw on the back of the collar makes a difference, but there is a fastening on the front of it, which the smaller allen key will undo, and that seems to let me move both the up/down and the in/out.

I have started to use the front button because it seems the nearest to the button position on my old bow ( this is a brand new bow), and I didnt want to have to make too many changes all at once. If thats wrong and I switch to the back button, wont it mean i have to re tune everything?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Unscrew the back screw, move it into position so that it's against the collar of the rest and your wire is in a suitable position for the arrow to rest on it then tighten it up. That makes sure that the wire doesn't go any further to the left (presuming you're right handed) than it needs to do but will still swing freely towards your riser. Again I'm presuming your rest is similar to the Arco rest I'm using.

Until your arrow rest is set up properly your bow isn't really tuned.