Im selling a bow and could use some help.

phack

Good evening,

I am trying to sell some archery equipment on behalf of my dad. He purchased a large bundle 6 years ago and after having a stroke he hasn't had the strength to persue the sport.

The equipment is all brand new in the case and has never been used other than to be shown off.

The main parts are the blue left handed SF riser and the SF elite carbon 70" limbs that retail higher now than when they were purchased. My dad paid about 690 for the bundle

My biggest question is regarding the depreciation of the bow. It comes with an absurd amount of extras (hard case, 8 arrows, targets, stabilisers, quiver, stand and much more). Would 6 years in a hardcase with 0 movement cause issues to the limbs etc?

Any advice would be warmly appreciated and more should anyone have any interest, please feel free to DM me. I have added some photos as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jonUK76

Hi. That's some good quality kit and I'm sure there would be a market for it. I think it would probably be easier to sell (and would likely achieve a better price) split up rather than as a job lot. The reason I would give for this would be a full "kit" tends to be highly individual, in terms of limb draw weight, handedness, arrow length and spine etc. etc. You're either relying on someone looking for exactly that combination of parts you have in the whole bundle, and being left handed of course, or making low offers on the basis that they may have to replace parts/arrows to get something they can use comfortably.

Price and depreciation is hard to second guess, and I do think the country is going through a bit of a tough time with people in general having less cash to splash about (look at all the retailers and restaurants closing), so I wouldn't expect to get new retail prices for all of it. I would check ebay completed listings for those exact items for an idea of likely selling price.

Would limbs be affected by being stored for 6 years? In my opinion, probably not much, at least if they've been stored at a relatively stable temperature (indoors). They are sensitive to extremes of temperature so for example storing your kit in the boot of a car on a baking hot day may not be a good idea....