Barebow I'm the only bare bow target archer at the club.

Hawkmoon

I shot my first proper bare bow round and scored 741 for a Windsor and have no idea if that is any good, so I thought I would see what you guys thought.

Still have some tweaking to do with the bow and still working on my anchor and release since moving from under the chin to the side of my face but that seems to be coming along.

LAC Mark

Our club record is 725 and we have some reasonable bare bow shoots, however that round has been shot for a couple of years so likely to be beaten when is.

Hawkmoon

The Essex County Record (Gent) seems to be 800. Look on your County or local counties website for local results to get an idea

I am in Essex as well so that is it, records are OK but often don't really give you an indication of what is reasonable to expect, now I am shoot bare bow I am going to start entering some competitions and I guess I will soon see how much work I have to do.
I am going to start with the indoor American at Raydon Hall in January.

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
the handicap and classification tables will tell you some of the story but how did it feel for you? Did you think that it was a perfect shoot or do you think that there is room for improvement? It doesnt really matter what you scored compared with what others have achieved at some point but how you felt it went under the conditions of the day.
We all hope to improve and aim to do so but almost everyone would give up if they didnt enjoy it to start off with. Do it again and ask yourself whether it felt good, bad or indifferent. make a note of the conditiosn and also your mental condition that day. this cab make a lot of sense later on when you compare scores. I was taught to note sucj things when I was a student doing independent field studies. being alone for 6 weeks at a time makes demands on you mentally so recording weather and mood help you decide what was good or bad for the prevailing conditions rather than just looking at the score.
I still cant get over my mental barriers a lot of the time and that will determine your real capabilities.

D

Deleted member 946

That score shows a handicap of 49. A handicap level of 49 would give you Bowman classification on a full round like a WA or York. If you get up to 784 for a Windsor, the handicap of 45 is at Master Bowman level. If you have a Master Bowman classification and shoot to it, you are probably better than most of the barebow archers around and will need to be shooting national competitions to get some challenges.

Hawkmoon

That score shows a handicap of 49. A handicap level of 49 would give you Bowman classification on a full round like a WA or York. If you get up to 784 for a Windsor, the handicap of 45 is at Master Bowman level. If you have a Master Bowman classification and shoot to it, you are probably better than most of the barebow archers around and will need to be shooting national competitions to get some challenges.
Well there's the thing, yesterday I shot another Windsor and put in a 773!

But towards the end of the round my bow started to buzz a bit, I could not find anything loose so carried on and after I had finished shooting I noticed that my bottom Uukha EX1 limb has hair line cracks on each side along the tip of the limb. They are four years old but as I have never heard of Uukha having any issues like this I am going to send them some images and see what they say.