Indoor Arrows

wingate_52

Having sorted out my outdoor equipment, I am thinking about my indoor stuff. I don't want to use my navigators indoors. I will use my X7's. What size, type and brand of fletching do you use, and what would you recommend? Do people have an indoor and outdoor button when changing arrows. The arrow rest i will just adjust for height. A new string with nocking points set to match the nocks on the X7's will be made.

Barry C

I used to have a seperate button and string indoors. I used feathers on alloys, the best choice by far.</p>

But now I cant be bothered and just shoot ace indoors.</p>

Field Archer

If you are shooting triple faces, there should be no problem using your normal arrows, as you are unlikely to damage them. Different story if storey shooting at a single target, Portsmouth, Worcester etc.

Separate button and string as already suggested. Alloys with large fletchings, feathers are good, so that the arrow straightens out quickly.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I don't use my carbons indoors because our target material is very abrasive and can slowly remove carbon. This eventually makes the arrows inaccurate.

I use Platinum Plus indoors. These are much thicker than the carbons, so I need to change the arm on my Beiter rest. The nocking point stays the same, though.

I use 4" QuikSpin vanes. They're blummin' big, but they seem to give better results indoors than smaller vanes.

I have different buttons for aluminium and carbon because of different centreshot and slightly different spine. They're coloured differently so I don't get them mixed up. Except when I'm going for the Fonz award...

Barry C

Feathers give far better clearance. If a feather clips the bow it will have zero effect on flight, as feathers can recover very quickly and offer little resistance to interference.