Jager grip

Hudzi93

Hi, I've decided to go for a Jager best 2.0 grip for my Hoyt matrix recurve. Being a novice, I have been recommended against it but I've decided that I really don't like the stock grip and feel its really affecting my performance. I'd just like some recommendations on the colours of the grip as once it's done I can't change it!! Here's a couple of pictures of my riser.

I was thinking of silver/dark blue for the swirly part of the grip and a dark blue palm pad. Any opinions on this and any other suggestions?

Thank you

Bowselecta

Supporter
Supporter
Hi,

I would suggest contacting Paul at Jager directly with those pictures and I am sure he will be able to made a custom one for you. :)
It would be really cool to have a grip the same as your riser.

IMHO.....people will advise in one form or another but for me it is what is best for you be it a button, bracer or in your case a grip.
I was given a Jager grip by Swift a year or two ago after I brought his red Inno and I am thinking of putting back on again as I put the original white grip back on in January.

Paul

Last edited:

Hudzi93

Hi,

I would suggest contacting Paul at Jager directly with those pictures and I am sure he will be able to made a custom one for you. :)
It would be really cool to have a grip the same as your riser.

IMHO.....people will advise in one form or another but for me it is what is best for you be it a button, bracer or in your case a grip.
I was given a Jager grip by Swift a year or two ago after I brought his red Inno and I am thinking of putting back on again as I put the original white grip back on in January.

Paul
Thanks for your opinion. I've already contacted Paul and showed him the pictures too. He said he can do it but I just want to know if I'm making the right choice.

Panama

Definitely, they are so much better than the standard, or even wooden grips on the matrix, IMHO.

Bowselecta

Supporter
Supporter
Hi,

Perhaps you could go with a reverse colour scheme on the grip to your riser....black on the top fading to swirl at the bottom for something different or just match the riser, you could just go with a plain black one as IMHO any other colour may not look right ?
That said...it would depend on if you have other colours in your setup.

Paul

EDIT....YES you are making the right choice IMHO but only you can decide, have you tried or held this grip or would you be buying blind so to speak ?

Last edited:

Hudzi93

Hi,

Perhaps you could go with a reverse colour scheme on the grip to your riser....black on the top fading to swirl at the bottom for something different or just match the riser, you could just go with a plain black one as IMHO any other colour may not look right ?
That said...it would depend on if you have other colours in your setup.

Paul

EDIT....YES you are making the right choice IMHO but only you can decide, have you tried or held this grip or would you be buying blind so to speak ?
I agree that other colours wouldn't look right due to the neutral colours of my riser, only all black, the colours I mentioned before and maybe a couple of other neutral combinations would go with my riser. I'm buying blindly but I have read into it and a lot of people have said good things about it. I've got an idea of what it'll feel like though.

I was thinking of contrasting it with the riser, so black on the top and then fading to silver where the riser changes to black, kind of similar to what you said. I think I'd rather the grip was the same all the way through though, except from the palm pad of course.

About my initial idea of have silver/dark blue swirls, I could have the top part of the grip consisting more of the blue and the bottom part more silver. I think that might look good. Again with a dark blue palm pad.

Bowselecta

Supporter
Supporter
Hi,
I think a plain black one or customed one simular to the riser would be perfect and what you mentioned....I wonder if Paul could do a fading silver all the way through with the black palm pad, you never know if you don't ask. :thumbsup:

Paul

Hudzi93

Hi,
I wonder if Paul could do a fading silver all the way through with the black palm pad, you never know if you don't ask.

Paul
Do you mean black fading to silver? I think I prefer the idea of a mixture of two colours rather than having two colours separately. I reckon I'll go for swirls of dark blue and silver with a dark blue palm pad. I'll see if he can do more blue at then top and more silver at the bottom.

Bowselecta

Supporter
Supporter
Do you mean black fading to silver? I think I prefer the idea of a mixture of two colours rather than having two colours separately. I reckon I'll go for swirls of dark blue and silver with a dark blue palm pad. I'll see if he can do more blue at then top and more silver at the bottom.
Hi,
No, just a plain black one, the reason for plain black is that it would be easier to sell on if it doesn't work out.

I like the sound of black fading to silver and the dark blue and silver swirls with the blue pad......I feel a Harry Hill..... FIGHT moment coming on !!!

Paul

Last edited:

Hudzi93

I don't really plan on selling it on anyway as I have no doubt it'll be better than my current grip. Even if I do have to sell it on the colours shouldn't be a problem.

Well I guess that's settled then! I'll post some pictures when I've got the grip. Now I've got to get down to studying for the exam I have in less than 2 hours!!

ThomVis

Thanks for your opinion. I've already contacted Paul and showed him the pictures too. He said he can do it but I just want to know if I'm making the right choice.
You're making the right choice, you're experimenting with what feels good to you in your shooting. You can always go back to the current grip.
As for colors, choose what suits you, but keep in mind you may want to sell the riser to someone else down the line. So veering away from "main-street-taste" (like getting a pink one for example ; ) will make it harder to sell.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
I love my Jager grips (got the orig BEST and the 2.0) - both very different.

Once you have the thought in your head that you don't like the grip, its game over for the current one. It will always niggle at the back of your mind when shooting. I had the exact same problem with my first riser (Hoyt Eclipse). Changed the orig grip for the high Ortho one.....didn't like that. Sold the riser (& grip) and got a SF Pro with a rubberised grip - much better. Chance came up to get a Jager for that, so I took it & havn't looked back since.

When I got my Masters, it already had the Jager grip on it.

Hudzi93

Thanks guys. I've decided to go for it and I'm just hoping that the grip justifies the ?45-50 that its gonna cost me. Being a student, I don't have a lot to spend and all my archery gear in total has cost me almost ?500. It's a good thing I'm shooting barebow otherwise there'd be the extra cost of stabilisers, sights and clickers and god knows what else!!

Hudzi93

There's someone selling an all black Jager mk1 on eBay for a win & win riser. Considering it's used and costs ?40 brand new, I don't see how he can justify his ?35 starting price (inc. delivery). It's the older version as well, which from what I've read, isn't as good as the 2.0 grip.