Limbs Kaya K2 Carbon/Wood Limbs vs SF Premium Plus Carbon Wood Limbs

Yonniol

Hi,

Anyone have any thoughts on these new limbs by Kaya? The Kaya K2.

Kaya K2 limbs | Archery Shop | Alternative Sporting Services

In comparison with the SF Premium Plus Carbon Wood Limbs, which is the better bet?

I understand that there are better, more expensive limbs out there, but do try to keep the discussion to these two limbs, or at the very least, to limbs below ?130.

Thanks for your views and opinions!

Hawkmoon

Hi,

Anyone have any thoughts on these new limbs by Kaya? The Kaya K2.

Kaya K2 limbs | Archery Shop | Alternative Sporting Services

In comparison with the SF Premium Plus Carbon Wood Limbs, which is the better bet?

I understand that there are better, more expensive limbs out there, but do try to keep the discussion to these two limbs, or at the very least, to limbs below ?130.

Thanks for your views and opinions!
Bottom line is both limbs will most likely out shoot you and me, so I would see if you can try them out and just go with the ones that 'feel' better, I had a pair of K3s and loved them.

blakey

The smoothest limbs I've ever shot were a set of Kaya Tropics. Not that that helps. :)
Talking to myself I know. But....
I've just downloaded the Kaya 2011 catalogue, and it looks as though the Tropics have the same materials and construction as the modern K 2s. So I think they might merely be a rename. I think I will get some.

markm

I have Kaya K1s and now upgarded to Kaya K3s. Both are superb, very well made and great value for money, the K3s are very smooth (mine are 42lbs), no stacking at my 29 and a quarter draw. Having said that, I'm also a big fan of SF kit (I have SF riser), I'm sure you would not be dissapointed with SF limbs.

cheers, Mark

steve Morley

Kaya make nice looking and good quality limbs, I would say better build quality than SF, I have the Tropics and the KStorm limbs blow away the Elite+ limb, even with a the KStorm being 3# lighter.

I did have an issue with the KStorm not fitting my Vanquish on min bolt setting but it's fine on the Moon riser.

markm

A Vanquish and a Moon --- cool! When I chose the Kaya K3, I had narrowed down to a short list of two, with SF Elite Carbon Foam. I checked the websites of both manufacturers, they both had a cross section diagram of each limb. The Kaya's have two layers of carbon, the SF only have one. The Kaya's seemed to feel a bit nicer to draw, with no stacking (can't be any more scientific about it than that). Also I just liked the way the Kaya's looked, white with red graphics. Having said that, I'm sure the SFs are very good limbs also, and can shoot better than I can.