Keep or change?

BanditMK2

Ok for some time now my Mathews Apex has been doing my head in. I was convinced the grip was causing me to shoot random left right arrows.

I got so fed up I ordered a Hoyt Maxxis 35 a few days ago.

Anyways after some reading on the net, I started playing about with stuff and decided to raise my peep a bit, about 3mm.

A slight but very consistent hand location change and a few other tweaks and bingo, I'm shooting better than ever, not one stray left right all evening yesterday during practice. :cheerful:

So do I keep the Apex 7 and cancel the Hoyt, or will the Maxxis offer anything more than the Apex? It's a considerable amount of cash to actually make the change, well ?540 anyway. :wide-eyed

I'm not even sure I can cancel the order until tomorrow anyway.

Shirt

Keep the Apex, save the cash. If you're at a level where you can tell the difference, you've got a reasonable shot at being given the things for considerably less money...

BanditMK2

If you're at a level where you can tell the difference, you've got a reasonable shot at being given the things for considerably less money...
I wish lol

These are typical groups from yesterdays practice at 60yds. I always shoot 60 yards when I change things, it's a comfortable experimental distance.

Darkcider

They're not bad groupings there Richard - could be tighter, but if you're getting more confidence in the bow, see if Lez can hold off tomorrow.

The Apex really isn't a bad bow at all and if a little tweak like this can start to get rid of the mind games, it makes sense to save the cash for a while.

Cheers,

Mike

Marcus26

Change to the Maxxis.
The Apex 7 has gotten word that you plan on getting rid of it and will now behave for a little while. But bows forget quickly and soon enough it will be back to it's old ways. This is very common.
Just as bows shoot amazing straight out of the box, that's because they are new and trying to impress you.
If you give in to the Apex 7 it will know that IT controls YOU and all respect and power will be gone.

It had it's chance, you've decided to move on, be firm and hopefully the next users will get a wiser and friendlier bow.

BanditMK2

Change to the Maxxis.
The Apex 7 has gotten word that you plan on getting rid of it and will now behave for a little while. But bows forget quickly and soon enough it will be back to it's old ways. This is very common.
Just as bows shoot amazing straight out of the box, that's because they are new and trying to impress you.
If you give in to the Apex 7 it will know that IT controls YOU and all respect and power will be gone.

It had it's chance, you've decided to move on, be firm and hopefully the next users will get a wiser and friendlier bow.
I really don't know what to say to that Marcus :rotfl:

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
So true, I've been looking at getting a new bow (including the Maxxis) and subsequently my current bow has upped my 720 and my FITA gents pbs...

Darkcider

Your right on both counts T :rolleyes::goodvibes
And having been across to Aardvark today, I know what you've decided!!

On a separate note - I shot Lez's own Maxxis today to get a feel for what the wall is like - What a lovely bow the Maxxis 35 is!!! Want one now, but will have to wait until after the flight shoots in August., where I'm hoping the Monster 5's class leading speed will help out.

Cheers,

Mike

BanditMK2

And having been across to Aardvark today, I know what you've decided!!
hahahhahaha let me know what that is as my mind changes by the hour :scratchch

PS I shot 100yds tonight and couldn't get a consistent decent groups if my life depended on it :loser:

Darkcider

Well, I know what you told Lez anyway!!

I think you're right to get the tourney out of the way with the Apex and then see the lay of the land.

I was shooting 180 yards tonight and was grouping terribly, although they were all within the scoring zone!

Cheers,

Mike

G

GuardianAngel

Get yourself a real man's bow, get a Monster :darkside:

Darkcider

I think I've put Bandit off getting a Monster with my experiences!! Don't get me wrong, a Monster is a very good bow and perfectly good for target, but it's just too close to the edge in terms of design and build - one reason why I'll be going back to Hoyt in a few months time.

Cheers,

Mike

G

GuardianAngel

I think I've put Bandit off getting a Monster with my experiences!! Don't get me wrong, a Monster is a very good bow and perfectly good for target, but it's just too close to the edge in terms of design and build - one reason why I'll be going back to Hoyt in a few months time.

Cheers,

Mike
I love mine, been racking up PB's almost every time I shoot it.

Ozzy

Quite a few Maxxis 35's here in South Australia, including Pat Coghlan shooting one.

Really nice bow ! 75% let-off, nice craw curve, solid wall. steady hold.

Go on, treat yourself :cake3: