KINETIC ARIOS 2 RISER - Any good?

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
FINALLY got some confirmation from the shop, who had to go through their suppliers all the way to Kinetic....

Hi Aslan,
Yeah, they had to find out. It is a wrap is what they found out.
Kind regards,
[redacted]
So that's a wrap then ;)

It'll prolly be January before I go riser-shopping now, I'm in the process of a car-change for the next month or two.

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
I do like those handles!

Yeah, my Fury should be here by the weekend - pics & report will be on my diary thread, as usual ;)

AJBrady

I've got one, so has my wife.

If I had to be really picky there are a couple of things that could be better
1) No inserts in the button hole threads. I haven't looked but I suspect this is stardard for this price range but I can see years of taking out and refitting the button might eventually wear them out.
2) On mine I had to shim out (ie put a bit of plastic behind) the top sight mount to get the sight bar completely vertical. No problem with my wifes and it is likely this is actually a problem with sight rather than the riser. I never bothered investigating as it was a very easy fix.
No need to fiddle with shims; one of the two holes where the vertical track screws to the extender will be slightly elongated, so you just slacken the screws slightly and adjust until the track is perfectly vertical.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
Darren simply doesn't take the button out, so no worries there. There's enough room in his case to leave it on the riser permanently.

brman

No need to fiddle with shims; one of the two holes where the vertical track screws to the extender will be slightly elongated, so you just slacken the screws slightly and adjust until the track is perfectly vertical.
Already did that, very little adjustment there on my sight and not enough in this case :(