Legend proTOUR trolley vs. Legend proTOUR backpack vs. Aurora City Pack

Osmosis

Hi,

I know these threads have been done to death but it seems that the top three packs of choice are as above. I wonder if anyone could share their experiences of them with a bent on how well everything fits inside.

I'm currently using a Gompy case to hold the following:

25" riser
Limbs
RX-10 stand
Sight bag
Twin rods, v-bar and extender.
31.5" longrod (incl. damper and weight on end)
Small box of multi-tools, wax, limb gauges, etc.
Smaller box of fletches, glue and nocks.
Chestguard
BH gauge

So that's about all I can fit in. The quiver and cold weather clothing, bottle of water etc. go in a little backpack. Arrows in a tube. So in all I'm carrying three bags to the field.

I suppose my question really is, what difference is there between the backpack (Aurora or Legend) and the Legend trolley, in terms of ease of use and holding everything and more?

Thanks

sofnolime

I have the Legend Pro Tour backpack and with some careful packing this is what I get into it. I was surprised how much it will hold given it's small size.

Main body:
25" riser and limbs in the provided holder
Sherwood bow stand (broken down)
Aurora Shark quiver
10" Twins

Arrow tube and 28" long rod in arrow tube pocket

Front Pocket:
Sure Loc Quest X
Stringer
4" stabilizer extension
Hex keys
Gerber Multi tool
Bracing gauge
Score pad
SF Chest guard
Couple of bracers
Couple of tabs
Couple of finger slings

John

sofnolime

Thanks for the info, John. So do you get anything else in there if needs be, such as waterproofs? Or is it pretty much full?
That is it pretty much full, you could get in a few more small items. I take a second small bag with the rest of my bits in. I like it as I can just grab the backpack if I get a chance to shoot and I know everything is in there.

John

Nic Rhodes

Trolley bag is huge in comparison and will eat this stuff for breakast. I have no problem getting 2 full recurve sets in with a suite of long rods to test...It is big and heavy but easy to transport as it has been well thought out.

Grz

I used to have the original Aurora City Pack, but sold it on a few months ago and replaced it with an Seb Flute Elite backpack. The main problem I found with the Aurora was that, being a student and not having a car and so having to walk from my flat to our sports ground at about half an hour each way, my shoulders would be aching by the end of the day from supporting the full weight of all my kit. The SF has waist straps (admittidly with terrible clips that don't work, so I need to knot the straps together..) which mean that there is a lot less weight on my shoulders, which considering I have had problems with bad posture and back pain in the past is a lifesaver. I guess it depends how far you intend on walking around with a full pack on your back!

In terms of capacity, the Aurora took all of my shooting kit plus a sleeping bag and a weekends worth of clothing to various BUSA/BUCS champs over the years. On the down side it is essentially like a cheap school bag that has been scaled up: it isn't designed like the kind of backpack you would take hill walking etc. It is big and saggy when near empty, and has no straps to shrink it down, which I found annoying at times. The fact it had a main compartment, a decent sized front compartment that could hold jackets/food etc, and a middle section with pouches for tools etc was useful.

On to the SF: I find it much better designed than the Aurora, with more comfortable shoulder straps. The SF has the added benefit of waist straps, and tightening straps for shinking the bag down and keeping the whole thing compact. The side straps are also good for attaching my 38" long rod to the bag, rather than having to carry it seperately as I did before! The main compartment is big enough for my 25" riser, long limbs, extender, twins, bow stand, Easton quiver, spotting scope, sight, chest guard and a jacket. The front section has more pouches than the Aurora, but there is no 2nd front compartment for bigger things like with the Aurora, which is a shame.

Sadly I don't have any experience of the Legend cases, but hope this helps!

Gryff

I do have experience of the Legend protour ...

Its a good rucksack, well built, brilliantly designed enough room for you kit (plus something else if your lucky.

No waist straps which does lead to a quite uncomfortable carry at first and it could do with some D-Loops on the side for a tripod or whatever.

Out of 10... 7.1

Last edited by a moderator:

Osmosis

Bought the ProTOUR trolley

Bought the Legend ProTOUR Trolley and so glad I did. Okay, bit pricey, but birthday coming up.

I can fit all of my kit in there and still have pockets spare for other things. It does weigh quite a bit when empty but given it has a shoulder strap, side carry handle, double carry handles, top handle, rucksack straps and wheels, it's easier to, er, handle.

Very, very pleased. Incredibly practical and aesthetically pleasing. I put my bowman score tonight down to having it behind me.

D

Deleted member 74

I received my newly released Legend Streamline backpack yesterday and I'm very impressed with it. I already had an Aurora Citypack and agree with some of the comments on here; it fits absolutely everything I want in it but it gets bloody heavy and feels like it could split at any moment when it's like that. The Streamline isn't so big, which will surely help my shoulders, and is very well made. The waterproofing on all of Legend's stuff is fab so I'm sure the Streamline will be no exception.

Will try to post a more thorough review when I've been able to get my kit into it.

KAS

I used to have the original Aurora City Pack, but sold it on a few months ago and replaced it with an Seb Flute Elite backpack. The main problem I found with the Aurora was that, being a student and not having a car and so having to walk from my flat to our sports ground at about half an hour each way, my shoulders would be aching by the end of the day from supporting the full weight of all my kit. The SF has waist straps (admittidly with terrible clips that don't work, so I need to knot the straps together..) which mean that there is a lot less weight on my shoulders, which considering I have had problems with bad posture and back pain in the past is a lifesaver. I guess it depends how far you intend on walking around with a full pack on your back!

In terms of capacity, the Aurora took all of my shooting kit plus a sleeping bag and a weekends worth of clothing to various BUSA/BUCS champs over the years. On the down side it is essentially like a cheap school bag that has been scaled up: it isn't designed like the kind of backpack you would take hill walking etc. It is big and saggy when near empty, and has no straps to shrink it down, which I found annoying at times. The fact it had a main compartment, a decent sized front compartment that could hold jackets/food etc, and a middle section with pouches for tools etc was useful.

On to the SF: I find it much better designed than the Aurora, with more comfortable shoulder straps. The SF has the added benefit of waist straps, and tightening straps for shinking the bag down and keeping the whole thing compact. The side straps are also good for attaching my 38" long rod to the bag, rather than having to carry it seperately as I did before! The main compartment is big enough for my 25" riser, long limbs, extender, twins, bow stand, Easton quiver, spotting scope, sight, chest guard and a jacket. The front section has more pouches than the Aurora, but there is no 2nd front compartment for bigger things like with the Aurora, which is a shame.

Sadly I don't have any experience of the Legend cases, but hope this helps!
Hi,

I think yours ( the Aurora) must have been the pre-2009 version; as the one I've just got has both a waist and chest strap.

Must say I'm quite impressed with it so far - but time will obviously tell how it wears.

The only thing I would say is that the waist and chest straps might be a bit tight when you get into winter and start wearing jackets and thicker clothing.