Light riser recommenations please

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
A previous injury has left me with a weak, unstable bow shoulder joint with lowered mobility. I have always used heavier metal risers, but my shoulder is collapsing with more regularity. I'm currently using a wooden club bow to bed in a new technique, but I have come to realise that my metal riser will always cause issues.

I've tried a Fiberbow, but the price is cost prohibitive for me. I've considered an Inno X-lite, but can't seem to find any LH ones these days. What are the lightest risers on the market these days?

Cheers :cupcake:

mikeb0551

Whitehart FB recently posted a list of risers with info re weights, thread sizes etc,

I can't find the copy I printed off, but I'm sure someone else will remember where to find it.

Hope this helps

Mike

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
oh the bow matrix. didn't realise the weights were listed. brilliant.

Rhys

AIUK Saviour
I was going to tay winact, x factor, SF carbon and new winex were probably worth looking at . . . but that table probably has all the info you need :)

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
here it is....

There are a couple of the 23" riser which might be suitable weight wise.....
23" is too short for me. Looks like the Inno X-lite and FB are the lightest of the bunch. Not sure what the new CXT weighs in at, but I understand for maximum performance, you're meant to use the Ex-Power limbs with it. I have good limbs already and a limited budget. Just need a riser that won't cause my joint to collapse mid-shot.

Whitehart

The new Inno CXT starts at 1150g, you still have Eifel Tower technology in your current Inno's so I would expect them to work well.

The Pro Accent is only 1170g if you are looking for a more cost effective solution.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
The new Inno CXT starts at 1150g, you still have Eifel Tower technology in your current Inno's so I would expect them to work well.

The Pro Accent is only 1170g if you are looking for a more cost effective solution.
1150 still *seems* heavy, as it's only 100 and so grams lighter than my current SF Forged. I know the X-lite is 100g lighter still, but they're like hen's teeth.

As for barebow, I'm virually doing that with the club bow at the moment while working on a new form. I'm trying to do a third of my training with my old setup (but just a longrod) and it is very surprising how heavy it feels now despite doing resistance training.

I may have to try out the CXT once it's in the shops and see if I can feel any difference. Otherwise, I may have to plump for an FB.