Limb dampener recommendations

Mark2

AIUK Saviour
Looking for limb dampeners (NOT the limb tip dampeners) and surprised on the limited range of options. You would of thought there would be hundreds.

I have the larger round compound Limbsavers fitted, but after 4 weeks one has come off (the sticky pad is still attached to the limb) and the second is starting to fail. And before anyone says my setup is wrong I string walk BB and have been crawling around 40mm, so they are working hard.

I use some 10 year old limb savers on my WinWin ExPower limbs and they are great, but I cannot seam to find any.

I have good report (my brother uses them) of Slimjax, but I can only find pink in the UK. I can get some from the US but they would be £20+.

Does anyone have a personal recommendation and more importantly a supplier?

Stretch

My experience has been that you just can’t recommend because it is trial and error. Different things work on different limbs. With some limbs nothing works.

I shot recurve limbsavers on my F7 and Quattro Foam limbs, they worked OK, took a little edge off, but basically it wasn’t bad to begin with. Did enough to leave them on. When I got a set of Quattro woodcore I threw on the limbsavers and it did nothing (in fairness that was very quiet and vibration free to start with). I also tried limbsavers broadband on these (not the recurve ones). They worked a little, but actually when I got the alignment right, they did nothing either.

With Velos limbs behaving badly in a twisted riser then nothing worked other that working to balance out the riser twist with the myriad of adjustments in the Prodigy RX. In fact the set of broadband limbsavers actually failed (and not just coming unstuck kind) because that bow was ... er... troubled.

But if you’re just trying to get rid of a little buzz then the recurve broadbands might be a punt. The old recurve ones are no longer available I think.

Bottom line is that no rubbery thing that only weighs a few grams is going to do much. But yeah the build quality of multi part limbsavers does seem a bit iffy.

Stretch

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour

Mark2

AIUK Saviour
I would be the first to admit that I believe their real benefit is marginal at best. I can't argue the top damper must be experiencing some vibration as it has failed. It came away from the sticky base. The limb damper is 6" from the limb pocket. With them on it has reduced the hum somewhat but doesn't stand a chance in hell of stopping it. It's more a placebo than a tangible thing and as most are not that expensive I don't mind fitting them.
I'm shooting the G2K with some nice cheap Synergy Air limbs at 20m as I don't like string walking the GMX too far. They do hum a bit, hence the rubber, and they can't do any harm, except they don't always fit back in the limb sleeves.

dvd8n, Thank you for you 3M sticker link, that's really useful. For what I need I think the Doinkers are a bit pricey.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Yeah, those Doinkers are way more expensive than when I bought mine.

The VHB dots are really good though. They seem expensive for what you get but will stick anything. As always with adhesive, though, surface prep is everything.

Mark2

AIUK Saviour
Out of interest, if anyone has some Bow Jax Monster solid jax, I would be interested to know the dimensions as they may fit a recurve limb.