Limb recommendations?

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Hi all.

Been a while since I was in the market for new limbs, although these aren't for me :)

Young lad looking for 24 or 26lb short limbs. Key is performance to push ACCs out to 50m, so speed, speed, speed then stability.

He's currently shooting SF Elite which are OK, but I don't think the fastest on the market.

Any suggestions? All else fails, I'll have to go to a shop and spend a few hours with a selection of limbs and a speed meter!

Thanks in advance.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Has to be the fastest? Conventional or super recurve? Border, then Uukha, then W+W then SF then Hoyt, judging from what I can pick up from (other people's) real world testing, in both conventional or super. Obviously big hooks have more speed and a different feel through the draw.
My girls both had Border Hex's in baby poundages, in fact one set's still being shot regularly after 5 years. Never worried about making the distances. 24lbs otf gets to 70m with skinnyish arrows no bother. Both are wood core - couple of fps slower, but cheaper, and when I got them, in the sale!

assybish

Wow...faster than Hoyt? :rotfl::mind-blow
Fraid so ....... if you're in the UK then visit and try for yourself . Keith Gascoigne is a master bowmaker and archer who hand makes bows risers and limbs - his bows have been used by gold medallists in the Olympics and invictus games . :frying::duh:

bolerus

i shot an old pair of KGs QIL Carbon limbs.

Very fast, but also very very unforgiving

is that still the case with the newer KGs?