[English Longbow] Longbow Courses

Toolibuk

I had a beginners course many years ago and shot recurve for a good while after this. I now have an ELB which I realy enjoy. I am using the same techniques as I did with the recurve but it would be good to have some input from someone with experience. I've read around the subject but this is never quite as good as practical input.

Does anyone know of any courses being run for longbow?

Always learning:starry-ey

Haywain

Carol Edwards from Carol Archery / Longbow Heritage / Company of 60 - used to run longbow courses. Don't know if she still does, but you could always give her a call.

Last edited by a moderator:

English Bowman

What part of the country are you in?

There are people on this forum who could probably help you, if any are nearby.

And you don't shoot in a longbow exactly the same as a recurve, even if you are shooting purely target there are subtle differences, so you are right in looking for more advice

Daniel

Packy

I am new to this site so cannot post a link to the collage website. However if you are in the Swindon area New collage are doing longbow courses.
There is a beginners course which runs 09:15 - 11:15 and an advanced which runs 11:45 - 13:45 on Saturdays and lasts for 10 weeks. They have been running since September 27th.

LobbyMuncher

I am new to this site so cannot post a link to the collage website. However if you are in the Swindon area New collage are doing longbow courses.
There is a beginners course which runs 09:15 - 11:15 and an advanced which runs 11:45 - 13:45 on Saturdays and lasts for 10 weeks. They have been running since September 27th.
These courses are excellent, I did the beginners this time last year, the advanced in the spring, and the 'come along and see' day a few weeks ago. You get a thorough training in shooting with the longbow, some lessons in wooden arrow making and a bit of entertaining history chucked in too. Highly recommended.

teddybear

i took up longbow after recove, if your in a club there might be people to tork 2. all so joine a reoncakment forum i belong to the kinghtslongshanks we have several people that realy now there stuff, not including me as i have only been using longbow for just over a year, if you have a longbow dont keep it in a sental heated room and store it laying as if you are tring to straten the bow agest the bend i use a ktannan stand

steve58

i took up longbow after recove, if your in a club there might be people to tork 2. all so joine a reoncakment forum i belong to the kinghtslongshanks we have several people that realy now there stuff, not including me as i have only been using longbow for just over a year, if you have a longbow dont keep it in a sental heated room and store it laying as if you are tring to straten the bow agest the bend i use a ktannan stand
Not sure this is good advice, check out this link to the Bickerstaffe Bows website, the bit I'm thinking of is down towards the bottom
Bickerstaffe Bows Website