Looking for a light weight quiver

Apollo

Ironman
Hi
I'm looking for a LH light weight quiver in realtree for field archery. Does anyone know of a dealer in the UK that has one in stock? I quite like the look of the easton type. The bad lands looks very impressive but not at ?130 .
Thanks for your help

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Perseus will make you one!!! ;)

?130 for a quiver is ridiculous!!!

Tuck

Hi
I'm looking for a LH light weight quiver in realtree for field archery. Does anyone know of a dealer in the UK that has one in stock? I quite like the look of the easton type. The bad lands looks very impressive but not at ?130 .
Thanks for your help
The use of camouflage in the UK is generally discouraged as it is not required for genuine legal archery pursuits. As hunting with a bow is illegal here it has no function. There are plenty of decent lightweight quivers available from any of the online and shop retailers at prices from ?~20-60+ depending on material and brand. An internet search will give a list.

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
The use of camouflage in the UK is generally discouraged as it is not required for genuine legal archery pursuits. As hunting with a bow is illegal here it has no function. There are plenty of decent lightweight quivers available from any of the online and shop retailers at prices from ?~20-60+ depending on material and brand. An internet search will give a list.
but you can buy and shoot camo coloured bows... :)

Apollo

Ironman
Hi
My gompy quiver is a bit heavy for field archery and I fancied a light one that looked the part.
Some might say that I know a bit about archery and as much as I value your opinions that is not what I asked for.
So if anyone knows of a dealer that has one in stock could you let me know please.

Tuck

The only Uk dealer that has this quiver is 'The Archery Company' and it is only available in RH. All other retailers have non cammo quivers in various colours.

Apollo

Ironman
Thanks for. You help Tuck and Mk1. I had spent all Sunday night trailing through the web. I have a friend coming over from the states in a few weeks so I will ask him to smuggle it in under his wheel chair. Mk1 I'm due a hug!

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
You could easily make a quiver, its not hard and materials are inexpensive. People make quiver from leather, cloth, old jeans, and they are light and look good too. Plus its individual.

Apollo

Ironman
Thanks for that Raven.
As an engineer I make quite a few bits of kit for my bow and others peoples bows and I had thought of making one.
The trouble is reliability . Even my faithfull Gompy quiver let me down in the middle of a FITA when the rivets snapped and dumped my arrows in the mud.
A friend said he would try and bring me an easton one over from the states in 2 week and at ?25 ( prob ?50+ here) it's a no brainer.
Thank again

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Thanks for that Raven.
As an engineer I make quite a few bits of kit for my bow and others peoples bows and I had thought of making one.
The trouble is reliability . Even my faithfull Gompy quiver let me down in the middle of a FITA when the rivets snapped and dumped my arrows in the mud.
A friend said he would try and bring me an easton one over from the states in 2 week and at ?25 ( prob ?50+ here) it's a no brainer.
Thank again
All quivers will fail eventually, I made my back quiver and I've been using it more or less every 2-3 times a week. I used to walk to archery so held my arrows, knife and drink, its showing little signs of wear and since I made it I know it something fails I know how to repair it, and probabaly have the tools to do it.

Here it is in all its glory:
DSC_8105_fs.jpg

Apollo

Ironman
Very cool!
And I agree with all you said. How did you do the black raven , soldering iron ?

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
No I bought some veg tan leather, and embossed the design on, the dyed the leather and did a coat of paint over the raven to make it really stand out. Allow to dry and seal leather and rub down with beeswax and there you are. I've also doubled thickness the bottom of the quiver and put in a chunk of foam to add some additional protection.