Looking for an Opticron Tripod Adaptor Clamp

ieuan_johns

Hi all.

I know this is a massive long shot, but does anyone have one of these they may be interested in selling?

Opticron Tripod Adapter Clamp for AA63A - review, compare prices, buy online

I've been in touch with Opticron and they are less than helpful, finally (after 4 emails) letting me know they stopped making them 8 years ago and have no idea where I can get one.

I'm pretty sure I could rig something up myself DIY style but if I could find a proper one that would be preferable.

OskarsL

Have a look at camera lens tripod mount rings, they might fit depending on size of your scope. Original Canon/Nikon/Sony will cost a fortune but eBay is full of Chinese copies.

ieuan_johns

Have a look at camera lens tripod mount rings, they might fit depending on size of your scope. Original Canon/Nikon/Sony will cost a fortune but eBay is full of Chinese copies.
I've had a look at some, unfortunately the ones I saw in my local camera shop seemed a bit flimsy to hold the full weight of the scope ('tis an old heavy thing from the 1970's). May venture into Cardiff with it on the weekend and see if anywhere will let me try a few out.

OskarsL

I've had a look at some, unfortunately the ones I saw in my local camera shop seemed a bit flimsy to hold the full weight of the scope ('tis an old heavy thing from the 1970's). May venture into Cardiff with it on the weekend and see if anywhere will let me try a few out.
Probably ones to hold enough weight will be too large then (i.e. 400/500/600/800mm lenses), but it is always good idea to check.