[Warbow] Mary Rose bows

Cho Ng

I was just looking through Steve strattons website( does anyone know if he hdas started making bows again yet?) and came across a picture of him holding one of the Mary Rose bows. It looked like it is about 3 inches across!

Just trying to imagine the build of the archer who drew that bow. :wide-eyed

Ruscombe Archer

I was watching someone shoot a warbow IRO 160lb on Sunday and it looks as though its a combination of technique and strength

I dont think I will be attempting anything like this being as Im in my mid 50's and shoot 35lb's!

RA

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
At a local medieval fayre I tried to pull a 150lbs@28" (180lbs@32") warbow, but could only manage half way. The guy told me before I started that pulling it target style would never been enough as you really need to get your whole body into it. After my attempt I was told only about 3 people in the country would be able to pull that weight fully.

Yew Selfbow

I was just looking through Steve strattons website( does anyone know if he hdas started making bows again yet?) and came across a picture of him holding one of the Mary Rose bows.
I believe Steve has some health issues at the moment. I'm sure we all wish him well and hope to see him returning to bow making ASAP.

Darryl

I believe Steve has some health issues at the moment. I'm sure we all wish him well and hope to see him returning to bow making ASAP.
DIY website said he had major abdominal surgery back in Nov lastyear. Hope he's recovering well as we've got his DVD on order as me and my girlfriend (both recurvers) have just become interested in making longbows after I shot one for the first time at the two way Western at Dunster. Did alright for my first time 63hits with a score of 255, just shot it like a recurve though :)