Match round finals

minty

Hi All, would anyone know where I can find information on the rules of match round finals. I'm basicaly trying looking for a more competative round that a few of us can shoot within my club, as I have'nt seen any of these shot before I don't know what didstances are used or what size faces to shoot at.

Any pointers are welcomes:reading:

Ta Very much

hypertigger

i think 12 arrows, in 3s til medal matches which you alternate. at a full face at 70m.

but you could just make it up to suit you/your club and or abilities that you're aiming at. so juniors and novices can shoot a shorter distances or you can make it harder with smaller faces....

martin

I'm basicaly trying looking for a more competative round that a few of us can shoot within my club
Just have a money shoot... it doesn't have to be very much say 50p an "entry".
Shoot an arrow, a dozen arrows or a full blown York/Hereford. It doesn't matter, as long as there's money riding on it you'll be amazed at how focused/competitive you will become!!

Regards,

Martin

moo-mop

I think there are two things which could be referred to as 'match round finals': the FITA Finals Total and Olympic Round Finals Total (titles taken from FITA rules).

They're aren't really rounds in the traditional sense but comprise the three scores from the 1/4 finals up of h2hs, the first being indoor (18m on a 3 spot 40cm face under h2h rules), the second outdoor (70m on full size face under h2h rules).
The scores are eligible for records hence are also often included in rounds tables.

Usually if you can find archer of a similar level it's great practising h2hs together as even if you do lots of them at comps you don't get so much practice as you get knocked out. However, it's not much fun I guess if the same person always wins.

Des

Supporter
Supporter
Hi All, would anyone know where I can find information on the rules of match round finals. I'm basicaly trying looking for a more competative round that a few of us can shoot within my club, as I have'nt seen any of these shot before I don't know what didstances are used or what size faces to shoot at.

Any pointers are welcomes:reading:

Ta Very much
Minty, our club has started holding an annual knockout tournament and it's great fun. We did it for the first time last year and the next one is in a few weeks time.
It's only at a distance of 30m so that all members can take part, on an 80cm face. We have all bow type shooting against each other, with the X ring as 10 points for compounds. The tournament starts with a 3 dozen arrow ranking round, shooting 3 arrows each end. Then the top 32 get paired off into the 12 arrow head to head matches, with rank 1 against rank 32 etc.
It works really well, last year the final was between a senior gent recurve and a junior gent recurve, all the compound archers were eliminated earlier.

Fugue

As an alternative you could try a "face to face" format competition, in these you shoot against each other in ends of 3 arrows. The winner of each end gets a point, 0 points for a tie. And you have an odd number of ends, 5, 7 or 9. Ties are decided on a first winning end sudden death!

This is an exciting format, and there is a chance to recover from a bad end instead of trailing by that initial 3 or 4 point deficit.

Other than the scoring system it is shot in the same way as a normal Olympic style head to head.