men v women or vice versa lol

Marcus26

Big is an advantage for sure.
1" of draw length equates to 10fps (approx)
More speed equals more energy delivered to the arrow
More energy equals reduced wind drift.

Also Muscle strength is related to size of the muscle. Bigger you are the stronger you are (assuming it is quality size)

grimsby archer

Big is an advantage for sure.
1" of draw length equates to 10fps (approx)
More speed equals more energy delivered to the arrow
More energy equals reduced wind drift.
Surely the longer the draw, the longer the arrow, therefore the heavier the arrow (relatively speaking) so the more energy required to move the arrow

moo-mop

Surely the longer the draw, the longer the arrow, therefore the heavier the arrow (relatively speaking) so the more energy required to move the arrow
Yes, but you'll get more energy than that into the arrow than that from the increased amount of time you're pushing energy into the arrow from the limbs. This is a relatively simple maths, and for once our model can probably be verified by every archer's experience too. Not usually the case :).

Marcus26

Yep, however the heavier the arrow the better as well. Also the increase in power is greater than the increase in arrow weight.

King Custard

I skipped to the end of this thread to add in my thoughts as to why the ladies and the guys are separated..

It's so I dont get beaten by a bird AND have to stand in line behind her waiting for the medals, on public show........oh how humiliating that would be!

Good Sir Pete

I skipped to the end of this thread to add in my thoughts as to why the ladies and the guys are separated..

It's so I dont get beaten by a bird AND have to stand in line behind her waiting for the medals, on public show........oh how humiliating that would be!
Not that that's chauvinistic in the slightest... lol :raspberry

on note of weight however, i would agree - i currently have beiters without any weights, and i am seriously considering getting a longer set-up with more tuners and a-bombs and weights for the stability it would give. I also know it wouldn't bother me physically, as my current set up feels positively featherweight (despite the protestations of other club members!)