merlin scope

C

Compound10

mine should arrive tomorrow so I'll let you know after Sunday :)

C

Compound10

well my scope arrived yesterday but I only got to open it about midnight last night as I was out.

First impressions are good - the scope is fully assembled as you would expect (although the pics Ben posted had made me think I might have been sticking the big orange ring on)I have gone for the fibre optic version with a .75 lens.

The fibre seems to pick up the light really well - even the artificial light cast by energy saving bulbs. The body seems well made - a few too many brand name stickers on for my liking (as per the piccies Ben posted) but these are easily removed....

The only thing I would have liked to have seen were some instructions on how to remove lens but I'm sure this is pretty easy.

I will hopefully shoot with it on Sunday and only time and use will fully reveal its abilities.....

yoda

anyone know the diameter of the lenses in the ten zone? how easy (and how) are they changed as i've been using a las vegas jobby with the screw in bit on the front and it's a pain that i only know it's unscrewed itself a bit when i hear the vibration from it on the loose.

looking at the pics it doesn't look like a screw in cover so are tools needed?

i presume the .50 is a x4 and the .75 is a x6 as there was a thread on here last year stating that one manufacturers .50 may not be the same as anothers.

tia

shaun

oops should have seen the bit about changing lens before posting but at least we may get some answers about it lol.

Last edited:

yoda

in fact looking at an enlarged pic it may be a screw in hood, if it's got a rubber o ring in then i think it will be ok.

if anyone can confirm this i'd appreciate it cos i think i REALLY REALLY want one lol.

also looking at the MAC site the lense is 38mm so i'm going to shut up now and go for a lie down:duh:

Last edited:
C

Compound10

yeah its an o-ring and 38mm at front 29mm at the back....

yoda

just the lense not the scope i meant. the lense appears to be 38mm and with an o ring to keep it secured it looks like my creditcard will be getting hit again:scratchch

cheers m8

shaun

C

Compound10

just the lense not the scope i meant. the lense appears to be 38mm and with an o ring to keep it secured it looks like my creditcard will be getting hit again:scratchch

cheers m8

shaun

well if it shoots as well as it looks then you can't go much wrong...